[SOLVED] Pc doesn't wake properly, it restarts...

whitehalls

Honorable
Dec 11, 2014
Hi,

After waking pc from sleep it doesn't resume, it basically restarts. As far as I know I try to update all my programs,
windows 10, Nvidia drivers (the ones it suggests automatically). Device manager doesn't show anything wrong.

I don't leaven any special programs or games running while pc sleeping - just a browser and some file explorer windows...

So what could be the issue?

Thanks

Solution
First, it would help to know your full hardware specifications if this is a desktop or your laptop model if it's a notebook.

Second, try this. This solves a lot of Windows 8 and 10 sleep, hibernation and power related issues.

To Disable Hibernation:
  1. The first step is to run the command prompt as administrator. In Windows 10, right click on the start menu and click "Command Prompt (Admin)".
  2. Type in "powercfg.exe /h off" without the quotes and press enter.
  3. Exit the command prompt.
  4. Hibernation is now disabled.
  5. Restart computer and then re-test it's resume behavior from sleep.
It would also be wise to check to see if you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS version installed.
First, it would help to know your full hardware specifications if this is a desktop or your laptop model if it's a notebook.

Second, try this. This solves a lot of Windows 8 and 10 sleep, hibernation and power related issues.

To Disable Hibernation:
  1. The first step is to run the command prompt as administrator. In Windows 10, right click on the start menu and click "Command Prompt (Admin)".
  2. Type in "powercfg.exe /h off" without the quotes and press enter.
  3. Exit the command prompt.
  4. Hibernation is now disabled.
  5. Restart computer and then re-test it's resume behavior from sleep.
It would also be wise to check to see if you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS version installed.

Solution