Question PC Emulation Hardware Help

Shoot3rmcgavin

Prominent
Dec 14, 2020
I'm looking into doing a build that is primary or only use will be for retro gaming. I will only be going up to Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, and Arcade at the max. I have an old PC I thought I can use and assume I can use that.

Specs

Intel i5 4590 3.30 GHZ CPU HD Graphics 4600
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1070
MSI H97 PC Mate

I was thinking to do just do a new build with a AMD Ryzen 5 3400G as a CPU and go from there. Any recommendations?

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
I'm looking into doing a build that is primary or only use will be for retro gaming. I will only be going up to Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, and Arcade at the max. I have an old PC I thought I can use and assume I can use that.

Specs

Intel i5 4590 3.30 GHZ CPU HD Graphics 4600
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1070
MSI H97 PC Mate

I was thinking to do just do a new build with a AMD Ryzen 5 3400G as a CPU and go from there. Any recommendations?

stay with intel and nvidia for emulation .

Shoot3rmcgavin

Prominent
Dec 14, 2020
I'm confused. You have the old PC, why not use that? I'd pay attention to what the emulators say you need for system specs.

FYI everyone, a mod is in this thread. No linking/mentioning bad sites.

Well that was the plan I was thinking of just swapping out the parts and replacing them while making the new build. Keep old pc upgrade it and the old parts build PC for retro gaming,

I actually have another question will I be able to run this on a 65 inch tv? If not what would I need to do?

Well that was the plan I was thinking of just swapping out the parts and replacing them while making the new build.
It's not really a big upgrade going to the 3400G

I actually have another question will I be able to run this on a 65 inch tv? If not what would I need to do?
Sure you can but be sure to play from quite a bit away...the pixels are going to be huge on that one.

Dec 18, 2020
Pretty Good. This discussion is really helpful for me because I also faced a problem.
Thanks for sharing. I was thinking of just swapping out the parts and replacing them while making the new build.

Shoot3rmcgavin

Prominent
Dec 14, 2020
Ok I'm about to begin the build thinking of using a diff card. I want to keep the gtx 1070 for my current everyday PC. Looking at a 1050 ti 4gb or 1030 2gb. Looking into adding TecknoParrot to play some House of the Dead 4 and Outrun 2 etc. Would it matter what gpu or could get away with the HD Graphics 4600 cpu?