Question PC failing miserably

Feb 18, 2020
So basically my PC has been losing signal randomly and other similar events has happened.

My specs: GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 EVGA SC Gaming 2GB CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600 Motherboard: MSI B350 PC Mate RAM: Crucial 8GB (4x4) 2400Mhz HDD: WD Blue WD10EZEX PSU: Corsair CX 450M

So to begin with, I got Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam a few weeks ago at the end of January during the Chinese New Year and I have been playing it ever since then but after a week of buying it. There was a explosion in-game which made my computer react strongly and just like that my screen froze and I couldn’t do anything but still hear the sound of the game. So at this point I thought the GPU overheated (note that I was playing in medium settings.) So I just restarted my computer and didn’t think much of it as nothing happened since then. But the day before yesterday my computer restarted completely by itself as I was playing another game.

Because I’m so stupid I didn’t think much about it either so I continued playing and then yesterday my computer lost signal completely and the screen giving me “no signal” even though I reconnected my DP and HDMI cable (to 2nd screen) multiple times but note that my fans and motherboard light was still on. So I restarted my pc AGAIN and just after 5 minutes into the game it lost signal again. I gave up and went to sleep.

Today when I woke up I opened my PC to see if there was anything that may indicate why this is happening but there was nothing to see or do. (And yes I clean my PC every month so that’s absolutely not it.) I then remembered that my brother had an old GPU (GeForce GTX 750 ZOTAC 1GB) so I took it and replaced my current GPU to see if there would be any difference, sadly a few minutes into the game it lost signal again. I was pretty sure at this point my GPU was fine so I had no clue what to look after.

Until I restarted my computer and tried to play again (with Afterburner and HWMonitor on) and it seemed fine but just a few minutes in AGAIN it lost signal but this time my motherboards EZ Debug LED went off on the CPU so I thought there was a problem with the CPU. I told my cousin about my current problem and he came over and we ran RDR2 whilst having task manager, afterburner and HW on. He told me it was my memory that was causing these restarts and crashes because my CPU and GPU was in good temp but my memory was at 99% (it was using 7,3 GB out of 8GB)

Somehow my PC didn’t crash at all when my cousin came over to check. My cousin went home and then I used that to my advantage and continued to play Euro Truck Simulator 2 and it was fine and I played for almost 2 hours but then I went into the kitchen to get a drink and I come back to my PC fans being completely off, even the GPU and CPU fans, my keyboard and mouse lights was off. And the debug led on CPU was also on. I tired to shut it off but that didn’t work. My on/off button and restart button isn’t either working anymore.

I have no clue what to do now.

You clean your computer every month? Like vacuuming it inside?
You may simply have accidentally touched the motherboard or CPU a little too hard and thus made it unstable. Or it may have caused esd damage if you wasn't careful enough.

Or it may be the PSU that is defecive.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Feb 18, 2020
You clean your computer every month? Like vacuuming it inside?
You may simply have accidentally touched the motherboard or CPU a little too hard and thus made it unstable. Or it may have caused esd damage if you wasn't careful enough.

Or it may be the PSU that is defecive.
I exaggerated a bit too much, I vacuum it every 3 months but I check every month if it’s clear or there’s any dust specifically on a part

Well, anyway - vacuuming is worse than little dust here and there.

A good way to avoid dust is to rise the computer off the floor. I made a little "table" for one of my midi-towers so that it is lifted about 5' from the floor. It is much less dust inside now than before.

Feb 18, 2020
I
Well, anyway - vacuuming is worse than little dust here and there.

A good way to avoid dust is to rise the computer off the floor. I made a little "table" for one of my midi-towers so that it is lifted about 5' from the floor. It is much less dust inside now than before.
I also have a table that is above the floor so that’s not the issue