Question PC failing to boot after installing new RAM. BIOS recognizes it.

Feb 6, 2021
This will be a long one.
Specs :
Asus A320m-k prime
Ryzen 5 2600 (not OC'd)
2x500Gb 7200RPM HDD
Gt 1030
A cheap unknown 500w PSU
So yesterday I bought Geil ORION AMD Edition 8Gb 3200Mhz CL16 for my PC, my Asus A320m-k motherboard recognizes it, and it's compatible with my Ryzen 5 2600.

I removed my old RAM and inserted this new one, and weird things were happening. Without enabling D.O.C.P , the memory was running at 2133 Mhz and no issues were found except that it was running at that speed. Upon enabling the D.O.C.P's profile, which adjusted the RAM to what it's supposed to run at, the PC just wasn't able to boot. One time that it was, however, I got a BSOD which followed with BIOS entering recovery mode. After I sorted that out I tried manually adjusting the RAM and instead of 3200 Mhz I put 2933 Mhz, which resulted in PC booting up, but at the moment I wanted to check performance in task manager, my mouse and keyboard just disconnected, I don't know if computer froze, so I just restarted it.

I should point out that my PSU is pretty much unknown and garbage, I never took it out of my PC but I guess it's light, 12A max output. Maybe that is preventing me from using the RAM at its full.

Anyways I'm not sure whether I should refund this RAM or not, and I would prefer to keep it inside my PC, working as intended.

EDIT: If it's relevant , my previous RAM was ADATA 8Gb 2400 Mhz CL18, which worked flawlessly.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Cheap unknown PSU's don't exactly inspire confidence and most of all, they often are the cause of house fires. I suggest you narrow down the make and model of the PSU off of the sticker on it's side and then move towards buying a reliably built PSU.

As for your ram, can you parse a link to the rams you've purchased? Which BIOS version are you working off of on the motherboard?

Feb 6, 2021
So I have ran a memtest86 on the default values and it's stable, 0 errors. I tried DOCP on 3200 mhz again and its just impossible, even with DRAM calc voltage values I couldn't get it to run. Currently doing a memtest86 on 2933 mhz and dram calc voltage values to see if its stable. Maybe my motherboard is just bad because by default A320 did not support 2nd gen Ryzen cpu's, only until a certain BIOS upgrade. If 2933 doesn't work either I'll just clock it to 2666 Mhz and if that doesn't work either I'm gonna cry myself to sleep.

Feb 6, 2021
No matter what I try, what voltages I set up ( which are within reason), computer just won't work on anything higher than 2666 Mhz. This seems stable, 2933 gets BSOD mid work, and 3000/3200 just straight up won't boot. Can anyone explain which part is at fault, because judging from this I doubt the RAM is.