Question PC fails to do restarts and shuts off after about 4 hours of use

Feb 13, 2021
Hey, about 2 months ago I bought a prebuilt pc (first one I had) and have encountered a problem I can't find similar issues to no matter how much I search around.

My PC will fail to do any restarts (After updates, troubleshooting or changing something from the bios). But it will turn on fine if I shut it down completely and immediately turn it on again.

The other side of this issue is that it will also shut down after about 4 hours of continuous use, no matter if under heavy load or not. But this time it won't immediately turn on, it only manages to turn on again after about half an hour turned off, if I try to turn it on before that the pc itself lights up and the fans spin but nothing will ever show up on the monitor.

Thanks for any help, sorry if I'm posting on the wrong topic

Windows 10 Pro
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Graphic Card Radeon RX 5500 XT

What motherboard model ?

Have you checked temperatures ?

Have you checked that RAM type are fully compatible to the motherboard ? (btw. what ram do you have?)

Is this problem something you've had from first day, or have it somehow evolved/get worse over time ?

Feb 13, 2021
What motherboard model ?

Have you checked temperatures ?

Have you checked that RAM type are fully compatible to the motherboard ? (btw. what ram do you have?)

Is this problem something you've had from first day, or have it somehow evolved/get worse over time ?

I've had the problem since day one and it hasn't got worse or better
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME H310M-E R2.0/BR
Temperatures always look fine when I check them
I have one RAM installed and its 8gb DDR4 3000...but now that you mentioned I went over to the motherboards website and the specific RAM model isn't on the list of verified compatible models, I will try with one on the list and see if that solves it, thanks!