[SOLVED] PC fans spin, no display, no error beeps, no boot

Jul 8, 2021
As the title says, when I press the power button on my computer the fans will spin and lights come on but there is no display. With everything plugged in, the keyboard turns off and on periodically and that’s all the feedback I get.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: AMD Rx 480
RAM: 2x 8GB G.SKILL aegis DDR4
PSU: EVGA 500W
MB: MSI x470 Gaming plus

This build has worked great for 2 years at pretty cool temperatures. All parts are 2 years old.

Some things if tested:
  1. swapping GPU -no change in behavior
  2. resetting CMOS-keyboard stopped blinking and stayed on
  3. removing GPU- no error beep
  4. reseating RAM and CPU -no change
  5. swapping PSU - no change
  6. swapping old MB with new one -no change.
Not sure what else to try. Thanks for the help.

Edit 1: The EZ Debug LED stops at BOOT and stays on.

Last edited:
Solution
As the title says, when I press the power button on my computer the fans will spin and lights come on but there is no display. With everything plugged in, the keyboard turns off and on periodically and that’s all the feedback I get.

Here are my specs:

This build has worked great for 2 years at pretty cool temperatures. All parts are 2 years old.

Some things if tested:
Not sure what else...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? You should ideally have a 650W PSU powering the entire build since you have an RX580 in there. What GPU did you swap out with/to? What PSU did you swap out with?

Jul 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? You should ideally have a 650W PSU powering the entire build since you have an RX580 in there. What GPU did you swap out with/to? What PSU did you swap out with?
I swapped to a working GTX 750 TI that is just powered through the PCI slot: that didn’t change behavior. I also swapped to an older 600W power supply with no change. Corsair CX 600. My rx480 is 2.5 years old and so is the 500W PSU. I also just noticed that the EZ debug light on the board gets stuck at boot. Beeps work properly when RAM is removed totally or purposefully seated poorly.

Jul 8, 2021

Here are my specs:

Some things if tested:
Not sure what else to try. Thanks for the help.

Edit 1: The EZ Debug LED stops at BOOT and stays on.

I solved the problem! After swapping the motherboard with the new one, swapping the sata cable on my boot disc, and using the older GPU, my system will run. It will not boot with the heftier rx480 but the VGA led does not stay on in POST. this leads me to believe my power supply has degraded below the GPU's power requirements. I will order a new one and see if I can get the rx480 working. I'll edit this with the results soon. Thank you to everyone who replied.

Solution