Pc fell off desk and now it’s really loud

thomasforster

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
When sorting out my cables behind my desk, I accidentally knocked over my pc and it fell to the floor with an almighty noise. I immediately checked to see weather anything was damaged and everything was ok apart from the glass panel on my nzxt s340 which had cracked down the middle. Everything seemed good until I booted up my pc to find that it was incredibly loud. When I open a game or a program it tends to get louder and also when I go to shutdown my pc it gets really loud almost to the point where I believe it might explode before it turns off. I’ve tried unplugging and re plugging in the fans to the psu but it is still very loud. Also, I have noticed it has been slightly slower in doing things such as opening apps and extracting files. Any tips, info and answers would be greatly appreciated.

My specs: i5-7500 quad-core 3.4ghz
MSI b250m pro vdh
8GB Corsair vengeance LPX RAM
Corsair cx 450M semi modular psu
MSI Gtx 1050 ti

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
While it definitely sounds like a fan problem, loose or something is touching the blades.

Run a hard drive CHKDSK sector check to see if any damage was done. The Bad News is yeah, it's been scratched.
CHKDSK can move your data on the bad sectors to an undamaged portion and avoid using the broken sectors in the future before you lose any data.
That or a faulty CPU fan may be the cause of the slow downs.

thomasforster

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Yeah I am like 90% sure it’s the cpu fan and also before it fell over I was able to stream any game at 60fps now I get less than 20fps whilst streaming so I think it might be an issue with the cpu itself not performing correctly