Question Pc freeze after starting "5-10 second"

Jun 1, 2023
Hi all. Faced a problem.

Installed the graphic card driver through custom installation. Computer freezes. After that, it began to freeze when turned on, either in the password selection menu or on the working screen.

Removed all drivers, and installed it from zero, tried new and old drivers, tried new and old bios. Took the battery, and reset everything. I set Windows from 0 and tried everything. This is 100% not drivers, not windows, and not bios.

What I managed to find and understand.

1. Without a graphic card, everything works and does not freeze.
  2. When I put Windows on SSD GEN 4 (Samsung 990 pro) (Kingston kc3000 m2nvme gen 4) the computer freezes. I put Windows on a 3rd generation SSD, Samsung MZVLQ1T0HALB-0000. The computer is working. But it freezes on shutdown or reboot. It turns on only through the button on the case.
  3. The SSD themselves are working, I tried them on a laptop, and everything is perfect. Updated the driver. Did tests.
  4. I tried to start the computer without the NVIDIA driver, and the computer works and does not freeze, I roll the Nvidia driver, and as soon as Windows sees it, everything immediately freezes to death. That is, any Nvidia driver immediately freezes the computer, no matter if the graphic driver is old or new. And this only happens on SSD 4 generations. On the SSD from the laptop, MZVLQ1t0HALB-0000 everything works.
  5. The SSD themselves can work on a computer without Windows. As the second SSD.
That is, the motherboard sees SSD, everything works, the speed is ideal, and everything is as it should be. But as soon as I start Windows on them, everything freezes.

Logically, this should be the motherboard, since all the details themselves are working. I did tests of the processor, RAM, graphic card, and SSD, all the details are separately fine.

I also sent my motherboard under warranty, and they told me that everything was working xD. But they did not test the parts like mine, although I sent them all the info, and they said they would use parts like mine. But in fact, when I asked for a photo, they used an AMD processor and a 20-30 generation graphic card with another SSD. It is logical that the power is not the same, and the problem did not get out of them. So what do I need to do to understand exactly what the problem is? :)

Pc parts:

Gigabyte z790 Aorus master

4080 GAMING X TRIO

i7 13700k

G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6400

Samsung 990 pro 1tb. + 2 tb + Kingston kc3000 m2nvme gen 4

Corsair HX1200 V2 / 1200W / 80+ Platinum

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is this PSU? If it's recycled from an older build, what did the PSU power prior to the RTX4080?

BIOS version for your motherboard? I'd look into the CPU's socket and see if there are any bent or broken pins in the socket.

Jun 1, 2023

How old is this PSU? If it's recycled from an older build, what did the PSU power prior to the RTX4080?

BIOS version for your motherboard? I'd look into the CPU's socket and see if there are any bent or broken pins in the socket.
Bought at the end of February, brand new. Bios latest. I have tried different versions of bios and drivers. I looked at the socket, the pins are not dented.

Jun 1, 2023
The problem was solved in part. I have a 5th gen ssd slot. I put in a 4th gen ssd and it worked. Also, Windows was launched in the old slots. One of these days I will be able to write more precisely. Because I will be doing more tests.
And by the way, I tried different ssd, I tried 2 graphic cards, I tried 2 different RAM. 2 different processors. It's definitely the motherboard.