[SOLVED] PC Freeze/Crash

Aug 31, 2020
Hello Everyone!
I really need help regarding my PC right now as I just experienced a total of 8 PC freeze in the past 7 days and I am unsure of what is the issue on my end. I've already tried all the possible troubleshooting through google and also did some diagnostic check provided in the net and so far I don't see anything (unless I totally missed it).

Most of my PC components are already 4 years old and I did some upgrades this year before the pandemic hits. I am currently using it to do work at home and at the same time gaming. Below is the scenario of what happened and my PC specs for reference:

PC Freeze #1-7: Just playing DOTA with an open chrome, messenger app, and amazon workspace open. All freeze or crash came after I did an alt-tab.
PC Freeze #8: Just playing DOTA and I accidentally bump my table and it froze.

PC Specs:
  • Motherboard: MSI H270M Mortar Arctic
  • RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 2400MHZ 8GBx2 (Newly upgraded this year)
  • Processor: i7-7700
  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660ti (Newly upgraded this year)
  • Power Supply: Aero Cool Rave 500W
  • Hard drive and SSD:
    • 1TB WD SATA HDD
    • 128 GB Kingston SSD (This is where my OS and work applications are installed.)
    • 1 TB WD NVMe m.2 (This is where my main games are installed. New upgrade this year.)
  • Cooling: 3 built-in fans from my casing and a Thermaltake UX200 that I purchased this year for my CPU.
  • Other peripherals:
    • Monitor 1: AOC 24G2W1G4 (New upgrade this year)
    • Monitor 2: Samsung S22F350
    • Mouse: Steelseries Rival 107 (New upgrade this year)
    • KB: Ducky Skyline (New upgrade this year)
I am now confused and your suggestion will really help me with this problem. Thank you so much in advance!

EDIT: Just updated my Windows 10 from Version 1909 to 2004 if that matters as well.

Last edited:
Solution
Alright first of of all,

The main reason of lagging and crashes is windows 10 upgrader version 2004 because regarding to some reports windows 10 2004 has a bunch of bugs that is responsable for crashes. You can find more about this bug here -

And secondly,
Your PSU is the culprit. Maybe you need a good PSU.

Riuzaki

Commendable
Aug 23, 2020
Alright first of of all,

The main reason of lagging and crashes is windows 10 upgrader version 2004 because regarding to some reports windows 10 2004 has a bunch of bugs that is responsable for crashes. You can find more about this bug here -

And secondly,
Your PSU is the culprit. Maybe you need a good PSU.

Reactions: ralphjtagabi
Solution