Question PC Freeze randomly while gaming

May 10, 2019
So i got this weird freeze wenn i Play GTA 5 or Shadow of the Tomb Raider the PC then Randomly Freeze with a Loud Buzz but no Bsod and what i can do is only shutdown and i did almost everything..
I did Memtest86+ no problem, testet with one RAM same problem, installed also windows not on SSD also to M2 and other SSD same problem, even without the Graphic Card (used onboard Graphic Card) same Freeze in gta 5, also tested with other keyboard and mouse same freeze, Bios is the newest and also drivers are up to date (checkt everything).
What can i also do to see what could be the Problem or cause of the Freeze?
PC Info:

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900k
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro
RAM: 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200MHZ (32GB)
Disks: 1x Samsung 970 EVO M.2 500GB 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2x WD Black 2TB
Video: MSI Geforce RTX 2080 DUKE (OC @ CC +71MHz / MC +700 MHz)
Mainboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
PSU: Corsair AX760
Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T V2

Hope somebody can help me out with this.

Hello and Welcome to Tom's!

You're on the right track. All you can do is keep swapping/testing parts until you find out what it is.

-How old is your PSU? That's a very high end one, so I doubt it's the problem, but need to rule everything out.
-Could be failing motherboard.
-Are you overclocked at all? Undo if you are and test
-XMP enabled? Try without

That's a nice system, hopefully you figure it out soon.

May 10, 2019
so all parts are new (3-4 Month old) overclocked i only did on the GPU even without it still a crash and XMP i did enable but also if i disable it still getting a Freeze.

May 10, 2019
Now this time it was weird wen I watched YouTube and then switched the tab to twitter and looked there a little bit the pc freezed up again for unknown reason (without any bsod) so i took out the RAM and saw if there was any dust but wasn’t and what I saw on the bottom of the RAM there was on all of the line a little dark line (if it was used before but the product is not very old and not a used one) maybe it has something to do with that? And i also tested with Memtest64 over night and had no error or freeze so it’s very strange..

Last edited:

fahad9t

BANNED
May 12, 2019
try to cool ur laptop in any ways possible dont care if u put 10 fans under it but its something benifits
when u run the game try to set its priority to below normal or low i hope that works
check out ur power plan settings also try pover saver and high profomance

May 10, 2019
ehm its a PC not a Laptop.. and no heat should be allright only 5 things could be the Problem: PSU, Mainboard, RAM, CPU or the Harddrive only one of the thing could do the Freeze but who?

fahad9t

BANNED
May 12, 2019
ehm its a PC not a Laptop.. and no heat should be allright only 5 things could be the Problem: PSU, Mainboard, RAM, CPU or the Harddrive only one of the thing could do the Freeze but who?
Ofc its the hdd or the ram nothing els

have u recently heard any clicking sounds?
and psu cant be damaged cuz the pc when it freezes it dosent shutdown itself that being said u psu is good

May 10, 2019
So what i could do is trying with the RAM a return shipment and then get the same one and hope that this fix the problem if not then i will tell then.

Feb 26, 2019
yeah i've been through two PSU's, two motherboards, three RTX 2080's, and games still skip or microfreeze for a second. gotta love turing architecture. (not).

May 10, 2019
Looks like really that the CPU is broken because on the Intel Extrem Tuning utility if I do on basic Tuning a benchmark then the pc freezes, so this is the final result so the cpu is the problem? could this be the problem what i searched for long time? maybe i need also to look if one of the pins for the cpu from mainboard are broken (but i looked but didnt was any was broken there)

Last edited:
May 10, 2019
with HDD i tested with diconnected and still freeze only one ssd and one M2 was active and problem is on the one SSD is windows 10 and M2 dont know if i really should disconnect it.

fahad9t

BANNED
May 12, 2019
with HDD i tested with diconnected and still freeze only one ssd and one M2 was active and problem is on the one SSD is windows 10 and M2 dont know if i really should disconnect it.
computer freez is related ether to ur cpu or hdd or sdd and
have u tried running on the mobo display port try remove graphics card
also bad sector might be the problem with ur storage drives check them

fahad9t

BANNED
May 12, 2019
i even tested without the graphic card and there was also a freeze.
do u have any slight freez for a sec or smth when u are idle on system
and also try download an app called core temp start it and run ur game and keep the game in windowd mode so u can se the temp
and at the time it freeze just see the temp of ur cpu u need to keep coretemp app on top of game windows cuz after freez u cant see the temp by switching cuz u cant