PC Freeze with sound still going on. No input in the monitor and keyboard powered but not working.

F4BIOD3V

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Hi Guys,
In these days I'm experiencing some PC Freezes during gameplay on videogames.

My config:

CPU: i7 2600k 3.4ghz,
GPU: HD 6990 (driver: 15.201.1151.1008 Win10 64)
PSU: ATX 700W
MB: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE
STORAGE: SSD SAMSUNG 840 PRO + 2TB HDD.
RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance (8x4 DDR3 1600mhz)

All these components aren't overclocked.

How the problem happens:

While playing, my monitor shows "No Input" and turn off itself.
From the headset I hear the sound of the videogame: today the sound was going on without problems, yesterday it went in loop.
The keyboard is powered, but pressing Caps or Vol+, Vol- nothing happens: The light icon of Caps doesn't turn on/off and from the headset I don't hear an increase/decrease of the master volume.
Over this, no BSoD is shown.
To keep pc working, I have only to make a hot reset or keep pressing the power on button.

I've already done this checkups:

• I tried memtest86+ and windows memory tool for single stick of RAM and one time I tried it for all RAMs. I changed RAM slots for testing. (Every test was ended after 1 pass).

I made a FurMark GPU Burn for about 30 minutes, and nothing happened.

I used the FurMark CPU Burning test and after I did the Intel Burning test for about 15 minutes. No problems were found.

Any tip to resolve this issue?

Hi,

If it's only happening while you're gaming it may have something to do with your graphics card or just a driver problem. What the graphics card that you're using?
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Here's the complete guide on how to do the clean install.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
- If these will not work do try another monitor as well.
- Last resort would be to do a complete factory reset.

F4BIOD3V

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Apparently yes.. 2 times it occurred while playing.. another time it occurred while the game was in background and I was typing something on google through chrome. I'll try the clean install of the graphics driver.

Update: just 10 minutes ago, the monitor blinked.. after that, I was noticed that an update for Advanced Micro Devices - Audio Device - AMD High Definition Audio Device was available, but it wasn't installed. Anyway I remember after the freeze of the computer and the hard reset, I was shown during the boot up of Windows, the update messages (computer is updating please don't shutdown the pc.. something like this).
So.. Is it possibile that this blink/freeze depends by Windows Update?

Update: It happened right now while I wasn't in game but I was just searching something on Google.

F4BIOD3V

Reputable
Jan 2, 2016
Just one hour ago I had the problem again. But now, when the Pc starts, it starts but nothing is displayed (like the gpu doesnt transmit signal) anymore. So, I guess that this means that the gpu is faulty.