PC freezes a few minutes after boot up

May 1, 2018
Hey guys, so after playing fortnite for about 15 minutes the game completely crashed and froze my computer, now whenever I boot up my computer it will load up and let me log in but it will have weird stutters and flashes every so often and will black out randomly for a few seconds then after about 5 minutes after booting up the whole display will just freeze and I can move my cursor or anything. It will run in safe mode and will also run properly in regular mode with the gpu disabled. I’ve updated all of the drivers, deleted MSI afterburner and the profiles on it. I feel like it might have to do with my start up settings? I’m not too sure guys I’ve watched plenty of videos and tried many methods with no success.

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500x
RAM: Ballistix 8gb kit DDR4
Motherboard: Asus Prime B350-PLUS
Power supply: EVGA 500B

andreww416

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
I had a similar issue with my GTX 1080 ti and I was getting bright green, blue and yellow flashes mid-game, and after this it eventually went to such a bad point that my computer would run something that required mild-moderate graphics power, but then would cut to a BSOD and/or just freeze and make my keyboard and mouse still. My issue was hardware failure, I'm guessing this is your problem and I would recommend setting up an RMA with the company and making sure you notify them to do extensive testing (what I had to do for mine).