[SOLVED] pc freezes after some time gaming

raduboss398

Prominent
Sep 15, 2018
Hi.I recently got some new ram sticks (g skill ripjaws x 2x8gb) so I installed them in my computer and played some games then randomly freeze and have to restart the computer .Could someone help me? I think dual channel is the problem.Each stick works normaly with no problem
Pc specs:
mobo:gigabyte f2a78m-hd2 fm2+
cpu:amd a10-7890k @ 4.3 ghz boost
memory:2x8gb g skill ripjawsX ddr3 @ 1600mhz
gpu:amd radeon rx 570 8gb gddr5
hdd:wd blue 1tb
psu:700w power supply

Last edited:
Solution
I know you probably are aware of this, but just to be sure, make sure that your RAM is in the A2 and B2 slots on your motherboard. Also, just check to make sure there is no dust buildup in the slots as that can cause issues as well. You can also try to remove the battery on your motherboard and power down and unplug your system. Drain the extra power by holding down the power button. Reboot after cleaning the slots and try again. Hope this helps.
Mar 24, 2020
I know you probably are aware of this, but just to be sure, make sure that your RAM is in the A2 and B2 slots on your motherboard. Also, just check to make sure there is no dust buildup in the slots as that can cause issues as well. You can also try to remove the battery on your motherboard and power down and unplug your system. Drain the extra power by holding down the power button. Reboot after cleaning the slots and try again. Hope this helps.

Solution