Question PC freezes every 3-5 hours

Aldebaraan

Honorable
Nov 15, 2016
Problem:
Computer freezes after 3-5 hours of usage. This started happening yesterday and happened 4 times already. Sounds like music still play but i'm unable to use it (including launching the task manager) and the only way to turn it off is by the psu switch.

What i tried:
  1. Scan with malwarebytes (found 4 viruses and quarantined them)
  2. use sfc /scannow in the elevated cmd (according to the report at the end it indeed found issues and corrected them and yes i restarted after)

Specs:
[CPU] Xeon 2670v3
[Memory] 24gb ddr4 3200 running at 2133
[GPU] RX 5500 XT 8GB
Windows 10 LTSC 2021

Aldebaraan

Honorable
Nov 15, 2016
Does it freeze when no program is running?

Does it freeze when the sleep feature is set to NEVER?

If it freezes, what is the last program are you using?
  1. Idk all the times it happened i was using the pc normally (browsing the web, seeing images, editing text, playing games)
  2. Sleep is set to never
  3. See 1. No specific program where it happened twice while using it.

1. Idk all the times it happened i was using the pc normally (browsing the web, seeing images, editing text, playing games)
  2. Sleep is set to never
  3. See 1. No specific program where it happened twice while using it.

Try to start your computer in safe-mode and open some apps to see if it freezes (if it doesn't, it means that the problem probably comes from a third-party app or its drivers).

Aldebaraan

Honorable
Nov 15, 2016
Try to start your computer in safe-mode and open some apps to see if it freezes (if it doesn't, it means that the problem probably comes from a third-party app or its drivers).
I will do that but since it always happens after 3-5 hours i have to use the computer for that time to see if it works. Thanks.