Question PC FREEZES RANDOMLY AND THEN GOES IN WHEA_UNCORRECTED_ERROR BSOD LOOP

akshitaforeverif

Reputable
Jun 23, 2018
I m facing some issues in my gaming pc,requesting you guys to share to some thoughts or solutions
sPecs

Processor-i9 10900k
MOTHERBOARD-MSI-Z490 A PRO
AIO-MSI CoreLiquid-360R
RAM-64 gb Corsaird Vengence RAM 3000 mhz-running in default 2133 Mhz
NVVME-1 tb Crucial P1 NVME,
SECONDERY STORAGE-8 TB SECONDEORY SEAGATE HDD
GPU-RTX 3080 AORUS XTREMe
PSU-ANTEC 850W 80 BRONZE
Case -Deepcool MATREXX 55 MESH

ALL DRIVERS UPDDATED INCLUDED MOTHERBOARD FIRMWARE and GPU firmware.

iSSUE
------------------
1.PC randomly freezes and gives WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and goes into BSOD loop unless i take Power supply off a couple of times and cold boot
System Passes Prime95 tests and Port Royal Test and Windows Memory Dianostic (i quitted on one pass of two)
i tried isolated ram's to check if for faulty RAMand took out a supposedely faulty RAM.PC ran couple of days fine bute the issue repeated
Ran Processer Test Tool from Intel

mostly it crashes while playing game (4K) but not immediately but after a while ,freezes system then goes to step 1 stated above.
but some time it freezes randomly just at login screen.

one more issue. some time PC refuses to start when i click on button. i see a red light in AIO Fan(not spinning) but not starting.
when i take gpu out and plug it back and try a few times it starts.

P.S. having no stuttters,pixel issues,screen glitches.

Not sure what is faulty

ONE MORE Thing a couple months ago i tried upgrading to Windows 11 and it failed giving BSOD (dont remember that one) it reverted to Win 10 automatically.

previous week i tried installing lattest windows 11 fresh install and the BSOD became more common.i formatted disk and rcovery partitions and did a clean win 10 install and disabled windows automatic driver updates but still problem not solved.

not sure on what to replace or fix,still researching on this one.

nOTE : I NOTED WHEN IT FREEZES Bck of motherboard is on fire (means very hot) but GPU is normal TEMPS.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master

akshitaforeverif

Reputable
Jun 23, 2018
It could be the PSU. You run all the tests I would have suggested and everything else tests out

two ways to test PSU, multi meter and in bios. Multimeter better as you can test under load. since that is when its crashing sometimes

multimeter https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583
ok thanks lemme check

also can you explain why motherboard is heated up i mean is it normal as its high end pc or motherboard may have issues?

just a thought

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am not sure about why it would get so hot. What area of the board is it?

Case seems to have ample air flow since its got a mesh front . 3 intake fans according to website - https://global.deepcool.com/product...55-Mesh-4F-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case/2021/4656.shtml

Where is AIO? what temps is it getting?

WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture.
its an error called but not necessarily caused by CPU
Can be any hardware
Can be caused by HEAT
can be caused by overclocking so remove any you have.
can be caused by overclocking software like Intel extreme tuning utility, or MSI Afterburner

akshitaforeverif

Reputable
Jun 23, 2018
I am not sure about why it would get so hot. What area of the board is it?

Case seems to have ample air flow since its got a mesh front . 3 intake fans according to website - https://global.deepcool.com/product...55-Mesh-4F-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case/2021/4656.shtml

Where is AIO? what temps is it getting?

WHEA - Windows Hardware Error Architecture.
its an error called but not necessarily caused by CPU
Can be any hardware
Can be caused by HEAT
can be caused by overclocking so remove any you have.
can be caused by overclocking software like Intel extreme tuning utility, or MSI Afterburner
ran crystal disk mark.it passed the tests.
also put back the presumed bad ram.syystem runs fine but not sure how long it is reliable.maybe i should try clean and reapply thermal paste. after that i think either motherboard or psu is to blame.