Question PC freezes regularly

Nov 14, 2020
My Windows 10 PC has been freezing regularly and I think that the situation may be getting worse. My Windows 10 PC has been freezing regularly and I think that the situation may be getting worse.
I am experiencing regular and somewhat random freezing of the whole system. When the system freezes I can only do a hard restart, nothing else.
I see patterns in the freezing but they aren't completely consistent. Primarily I observe these two patterns:
-there is a high chance of freezing in the first 5 minutes of turning the PC on. So often I boot the system in the morning, PC freezes, I restart. Then I usually can work the whole day without any freezing.
-I use 3d and 2d software. Often the PC freezing while I render video in 2d software. This process is CPU heavy.
Other than that there are random freezes while doing everyday stuff like using a web browser etc.

I did get blue screens of death twice. I can show photos of those if that helps.

Twice I also experienced the following: PC freezes and I restart it. PC won't boot after that. The fans start for a second, then stop, start, stop, start, stop forever.
In these cases, I turned off the PC completely, unplugged the power cable, then plugged it back on I was able to boot again.

These are the main things I can think of. Advice is welcome!

System specs from specci
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 28 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H81M-E (SOCKET 1150) 118 °C (<<< I don't think this is accurate, it shows high temperates all the time)
Graphics
BENQ E2220HD (1920x1080@60Hz)
DELL 2208WFP (1680x1050@59Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (NVIDIA) 41 °C
Storage
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA ) 35 °C
978GB Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 (SATA (SSD)) 31 °C
2794GB BUFFALO External HDD USB Device (USB (SATA) ) 34 °C
Optical Drives
ASUS BW-16D1HT
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Use HWmonitor to show you temps. Also, which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? I also don't know why you're paired with an H81 chipset with an i7 K suffix processor, you either needed to go with a Z 87/Z97 chipset board or dialed down the processor to an i7-4770(non-K) processor.

N3wb13g

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
Did you check the heatsink? I once repaired client's PC and when I inspect it, the heatsink was hanging a little. Two of the screws was loose.

So, it's possible that temperature reading on your PC is true.

Nov 14, 2020
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Use HWmonitor to show you temps. Also, which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? I also don't know why you're paired with an H81 chipset with an i7 K suffix processor, you either needed to go with a Z 87/Z97 chipset board or dialed down the processor to an i7-4770(non-K) processor.
PSU is this, about 3 years old.
View: https://imgur.com/a/NauA7jT

I'll get HWmonitor in a second.

Bios version from specci
BIOS
Brand American Megatrends Inc.
Version 2203
Date 6/18/2015

As for the processor stuff, I have no idea. Sorry. I bought it quite a while ago and I can't remember how I made the choice.

Nov 14, 2020
Thanks everyone for the help.
I just wanted to let you know that I changed the PSU and I haven't had a single problem in the last 2 weeks+ (used to have crashes and lockups daily).
Just wanted to add this here for anyone who may stumble upon this thread.
Here is what I learned:
>>Always buy a GOOD PSU. If you get cheap with the power supply you're looking for trouble. :)