Question PC Freezes then blackscreens and restarts

Sep 26, 2022
Hey guys, This happened just a few days ago and I thought it was possibly the game causing it (escape from tarkov) so did a clean re-install of it and no luck, I would be randomly playing (This event ONLY happens when im playing) and suddenly my screen freezes and goes mostly black although I see some random pixels and colors of the still image of when I froze, then into a hard restart. I up'd the fan curves from quiet to standard on my intake/outtake fans and temps where around 150F for my GPU and CPU around 100F (I'll double check again when I get home from work for the temps). What's weird is I played this game quite a bit about 4 months ago when I first built my PC and had no problems whatso ever.
Memory Dump:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qoH7DTZ6ar8JkRrpx9y3kZERPGqwNHXs/view?usp=share_link

SPECS:
GPU: Nvidia 3080ti
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance DDR5 32GB
MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming WiFi
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT, 80 Plus Gold 1000W

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K

A few months before this I did do a DDU gpu driver uninstall and re-install. Checked all drivers with intel assistant as well and everything was up to date (along with BIOS and chipset).

EDIT: tried a game right now temps are around 150F for GPU, 105-115F CPU

Last edited:
Hey guys, This happened just a few days ago and I thought it was possibly the game causing it (escape from tarkov) so did a clean re-install of it and no luck, I would be randomly playing (This event ONLY happens when im playing) and suddenly my screen freezes and goes mostly black although I see some random pixels and colors of the still image of when I froze, then into a hard restart. I up'd the fan curves from quiet to standard on my intake/outtake fans and temps where around 150F for my GPU and CPU around 100F (I'll double check again when I get home from work for the temps). What's weird is I played this game quite a bit about 4 months ago when I first built my PC and had no problems whatso ever.
Memory Dump:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qoH7DTZ6ar8JkRrpx9y3kZERPGqwNHXs/view?usp=share_link

SPECS:

A few months before this I did do a DDU gpu driver uninstall and re-install. Checked all drivers with intel assistant as well and everything was up to date (along with BIOS and chipset).

It may be a memory issue, I never trust new ram. You always want to wait like a year after new ram is launched for them to work the kinks out it never goes the way they want with new memory chips and it's more problems then diagnosing I PC that fried 4 years ago. Not saying 1000% this is the issue but worth checking into

Sav4

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013
Memory Dump:

SPECS:

Check your bios version , also try factory defaults in bios. I had a similar issue in warzone2 . Fixed with by not running ai overclock and now by bios update. Might be similar.

Sep 26, 2022
It may be a memory issue, I never trust new ram. You always want to wait like a year after new ram is launched for them to work the kinks out it never goes the way they want with new memory chips and it's more problems then diagnosing I PC that fried 4 years ago. Not saying 1000% this is the issue but worth checking into
I turned off XMP I for now, My mobo is ddr5 ram only, think its worth grabbing another 2 sticks and swapping them out?