PC freezes when playing GTA V

TomS_

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
Hello all, so I have quite big and annoying problem.Firstly my PC specs are: CPU: i3-3220 , GPU: GTX 1050 2Gb , RAM: 8Gb , HDD: 1. 250Gb(7.2K RPM) 2. 1Tb(7.2K RPM) , OS: windows 10 , also my MB model is MSI H61MA-E35(B3).Secondly I only get this problem with GTA V, other games runs fine.So the problem is - when I play GTA V from 30mins to 1h , sometimes longer, I get my PC freeze, it won't shutdown or reboot but just freeze and I can wait hours and it won't unfreeze, so then I restarting my PC and the funny part is that when I restart it , it won't boot to windows, it only shows MSI logo and then black screen with a white dash in left corner.Then I just shutdown it and after 10-30minutes it works again...Here is what I already done and some more info:
1. I changed GPU from GTX 550 Ti to GTX 1050 2gb but mainly because my 550 ti was very old and can't handly any new games.So I guess GPU can't cause this problem, because I get this problem even with and old GTX 550 Ti and new GTX 1050.
2. I have checked my HDD's with diagnostics tools from WD and Seagate and they were fine( I already discussed about then in other forums.)
3. Also I checked RAM with windows memory diagnostics and some other programs and also no problems ( anyway I will check then with memtest86 because I forgot this program :D )
4. My temps are also fine I think, when I play GTA V my CPU is around 50°C, GPU 50-60°C and HDD's 30-31°C.
5. And finally my own guess would be PSU or motherboard, because my PSU is "no name" 420W :D and I know that I should change it and I will anyway but firstly I want to diagnose what causing this problem and also about the motherboard can it cause this problem? I only mentioned motherboard because abouth month ago when I get same pc freeze and I restart it, it just says that can't find any device(HDD) so I tryed changing from one SATA3 port to another but still got same error and then I changed to SATA2 and then It worked and now I don't get errors about not found device but now like I said before( black screen, white dash in left corner) PC won't boot to windows after that freeze(my HDD'S are fine because one of them I used in my second pc and I worked good and another I bought year ago and hadn't had any problems except with GTA V).
Also I want to say that when I install clean windows, my PC works really good, I reinstalled them week ago and when I installed GTA V and played for about 1h, I got this freeze and now I feel that my PC are running quite slow , if I don't play GTA for few days it starts working good again, I know it's funny and strange...

Anyway I will get a good PSU but before that I just wanna know maybe someone already had same problem.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
it's possible its your motherboard, your PSU is certainly an issue if noname and could cause what your saying....not to mention it could have damaged your motherboard and other components. Replace the PSU before doing anything else, even running your PC again. Once you do that you can try and see if any of your other parts are damaged or not functioning correctly. It's not worth potentially damaging more parts in the mean time.