Question PC freezes while game is on screen, but if I click on second monitor, everything is fine ?

benda246

Reputable
Feb 28, 2018
So, when I try to play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, during loading screen everything freezes. Even on second monitor, everything is frozen. But when I click to the second monitor, everything unfreezes, including fligh simulator. So I'm searching on youtube on the second monitor, and I can see on my main that the MFS is loading, and eventually getting into the menu. But when I click back to the game, everything freezes again. Back and forth.It has never happened before, everything worked fine always. After a lot of alt+tab, eventually it gets fixed somehow. In the task manager, gpu performace was on 20%(or below), while everything was frozen, and then when it climbed up, thats when everything got "fixed".
Every other game works just fine, so I have no idea what causes this. Any idea?

GPU: RTX 3060
CPU: i5-10600k
RAM:16GB

Lutfij

Titan
If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) you're on at the time of writing. As for the game, might want to see if uninstalling your GPU drivers and reinstalling them in an elevated command changes anything. Source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU, then when installing, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Motherboard's make and model? Is the ram in your build, mixed and matched or from a kit?

benda246

Reputable
Feb 28, 2018
If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) you're on at the time of writing. As for the game, might want to see if uninstalling your GPU drivers and reinstalling them in an elevated command changes anything. Source the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU, then when installing, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Motherboard's make and model? Is the ram in your build, mixed and matched or from a kit?
I am on Win 11, and I was in the insider program, but i requested a quit yesterday. I think the problem might be this, because these version of windows are not stable.