[SOLVED] PC Freezes while gaming after thunderstorm

Nov 23, 2019
Hello all!

Yesterday a huge thunderstorm took place in my area. At some point a great thunder hit nearby. After this, my router my mouse and keyboard and also the ethernet socket of my pc destroyed. I downloaded hwmonitor but i dont know if things are working as they should. Here are the results from hwmonitor:

https://ibb.co/vcVZy1f

Please let me know if there is a problem.

Thanks,
Nick

Solution
You need to test all the components one by one in other computer, use the hwmonitor will not help. From now on you should use the surge protector power strip ( not the regular one) at least to protect your PC. A UPS ( uninterruptible power supply ) is better. Of cause, you are better to shut down the PC during the thunderstorm .
You need to test all the components one by one in other computer, use the hwmonitor will not help. From now on you should use the surge protector power strip ( not the regular one) at least to protect your PC. A UPS ( uninterruptible power supply ) is better. Of cause, you are better to shut down the PC during the thunderstorm .

Solution
Nov 23, 2019

Thank you for your answer. I already use a surge protector power strip. The damage came from the cable of the phone/internet. So it first broke my rooter and the damage passed through the ethernet cable that connects the rooter with my pc.