[SOLVED] PC freezes while playing more demanding games

Dec 11, 2019
Hello guys, I've experienced this problem for half an year and I couldn't solve it. I tried everything from reinstaling drivers, updating drivers, cleaning temp, disk cleaning, memory checks and using the anivirus and even reinstalling my Windows. My PC acts fine when I am browsing, watching youtube, workin on Photoshop and playing low demanding games like: Minecraft, League, CS Go, Hoi 4, The wicther 1 and 2, but when i am playing more demaning games,like AC Odysey, PUBG, it freezes after 20-30 minutes of gameplay and i am forced to restart my pc from the case button, somethimes it makes a horible in-headphones sound (I tried to check the sound devices too). No forum has solved my problem, hope you guys will.
I want to mention that I have this pc for almost 3 years
My Pc Specs:
Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
16 GB RAM 2133MHZ
i5-6402P 2.80Ghz
HDD-I TB 7200RPM
SSD-256GB Samsung evo(I keep my windows on the ssd)

Solution
1.Is there a way I can test my PSU?
Not too many other methods are available besides testing with a different psu and a gpu with a lower power demand(GT 1030, for example) from your current one, but those other ones require more specialized equipment - expensive.

2.Well, I bought them separately, but I bought the same ramstick. This happened after a month i built my pc initially, is there a chance that the problems would appear after 2-3years?
Doesn't matter if you bought the same ramstick. That only increases the odds of compatibility. They are only guaranteed to work as sold.
2-3 years is plenty of time for system demands to change, no? The symptoms of compatibility don't always show up right away.
You should give...
I would be focusing on temperature or the power supply.
Demanding games generally make things hot and draw lots of power.
I would be checking the temps. Do you know what they are?
I also would be checking the PSU voltages or swapping in another power supply.

You did not include your power supply in the info you provided. What PSU do you have?

Freezes like that mostly happen when you have an overheating problem or a power supply problem.

We will need your IDLE and LOAD temperatures for your CPU and GPU.

Dec 11, 2019
I would be focusing on temperature or the power supply.
Demanding games generally make things hot and draw lots of power.
I would be checking the temps. Do you know what they are?
I also would be checking the PSU voltages or swapping in another power supply.
You did not include your power supply in the info you provided. What PSU do you have?

Freezes like that mostly happen when you have an overheating problem or a power supply problem.

We will need your IDLE and LOAD temperatures for your CPU and GPU.
IDLE TEMPS: 45-50 on the CPU
and 43C on the gpu
LOAD TEMPS: I used valley uniginie banchmark(Extreme HD)
Gpu played around 65C-70C and the score was 2800 65 fps average
For the cpu I used the HeavyLoad tool and the temps are around 65-70

The temps look normal to me, I think the PSU is the problem, is there a way I can test this?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I use 2 sticks but they are the same
The same, as in they were packaged together? If not, then they aren't the same.

About the PSU, I know it isnt't the best, but've used it for more then 2 years without a problem, the problems appeard a few months ago
Psus degrade over time, plus that unit has a 3 year warranty. That's not very long...

Dec 11, 2019
The same, as in they were packaged together? If not, then they aren't the same.

Psus degrade over time, plus that unit has a 3 year warranty. That's not very long...

2.Well, I bought them separately, but I bought the same ramstick. This happened after a month i built my pc initially, is there a chance that the problems would appear after 2-3years?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Not too many other methods are available besides testing with a different psu and a gpu with a lower power demand(GT 1030, for example) from your current one, but those other ones require more specialized equipment - expensive.

Doesn't matter if you bought the same ramstick. That only increases the odds of compatibility. They are only guaranteed to work as sold.
2-3 years is plenty of time for system demands to change, no? The symptoms of compatibility don't always show up right away.
You should give Memtest86 free version a spin: https://www.memtest86.com/
The actual test can take a few hours, so you might wanna sleep on it. 0 errors is the only acceptable result.

Solution