[SOLVED] PC Freezing and Restarting

noahjon123

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018
Recently my PC has been restarting and freezing while both surfing the web and gaming. It doesn't seem to matter what's going on.

Recently I upgraded from 1x Stick of 8GB RAM to 2x 8GB RAM sticks and bought a new HDD. I don't know if either of those could effect it.

Specs:
Motherboard - B450M DS3H
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU - GTX 1060 3gb
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
PSU - SeaSonic 520W Bronze PSU
HDD - 5TB WD Black

Solution
Once you get the freezing issue under control, boot into the BIOS and enable XMP. Then select the memory profile for your Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz memory. Because right now you are running 16 GB of RAMat 2400 MHz.
The other possibility is a corrupted device driver, corrupted or missing Windows system file, or a corrupted BIOS.

The problem with fixing freezes is that there are so many things that can cause it.

Start by updating the device drivers. Then check the system, and if necessary update the motherboard chipset driver, BIOS . Then check the system, and if necessary reinstall Windows.

noahjon123

Prominent
Feb 13, 2018

So I ran the Memtest (Passed), I reinstalled windows. I did pretty much everything you said.. It's still happening though.

Once you get the freezing issue under control, boot into the BIOS and enable XMP. Then select the memory profile for your Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz memory. Because right now you are running 16 GB of RAMat 2400 MHz.

Solution

Latest posts