[SOLVED] PC froze, and wont display to monitor after restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2019
Hello, my name is Axel. My computer ran into a problem just now. My pc wont display into the monitor.

I turned on my pc, and left it for one and a half hours because i have to go out for a while. When i came back, the pc was in 'sleep' state. I turned on my monitor, and my pc froze. I cant move my mouse and the keyboard didn't do anything. I restarted my pc and it won't display anymore.

I've tried reseating all my components, and removing and reinstalling the cmos, but it still wont display.

My pc is displaying to an LG TV via HDMI from a Palit GTX 1050

The HDMI cable is fine, i tested it with another device and it still works

Solution
Remove the RAM and GPU completely and try to start. If your motherboard does not beep for RAM absent - motherboard is faulty/dead (potentially BIOS corrupt).
Jan 2, 2019
I have an Intel Pentium G4560 for the processor,
a GIGABYTE H110M-WW motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 4gb ddr4 ram
Powerlogic Magnum Pro 225X
Digital Alliance GTX 1050
And a Seagate hardrive i reused from my old laptop

I tried plugging in to the VGA port on the motherboard, but it still won't display on the monitor

Are there any signs of life? Are there any lit LEDs? Are the fans spinning?

First from your component list, the 225 watt power supply is insufficient for the GTX 1050. The minimum power requirement is 300 watts. Plus the manufacturer is known for poor quality power supplies.

I would suggest switching out the power supply. Do you have access to another power supply that you can borrow to test the system? Having it tested at a repair shop would probably be more than the PSU cost in the first place.

Jan 2, 2019
Thanks for all of your replys. Sorry i didn't answer earlier. I took the computer to a shop and did some troubleshooting with the hardware. Turns out it was a faulty motherboard. Didn't know what caused it to fail, but i've replaced the motherboard.

Thanks for all of your inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS