[SOLVED] PC Gaming Lapboard With Best Connectivity?

Borracho

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
OK, I've got a tough, niche case here.

For the past three years I've been sharing the joy of gaming with my wife, by playing games on our TV via an Nvidia Shield. We live in a small 'open space' apartment where the TV is in the same room as the PC. I've been using the 2016 Razer Turret as my lapboard. At short range (it's literally 2-3 feet from the TV) it works pretty damn well. (On the 2.4 Ghz wireless band.)

I can also connect the Turret directly to the Shield via BT, but the lag is horrendous at the same distance, making even narrative/cinematic games borderline unplayable. Needless to say, connecting XB1 controllers to the Shield via BT works like a charm, but that was a given.

Here's my question : We are finally moving into a real home with actual rooms. If possible, I'd like to continue this fine gaming tradition. My PC will be in my office, a good 20 feet (and couple of walls away) so I'm pretty certain that my 2016 Turret will be useless.

Does anyone have good experience with a more recent gaming lapboard? Is there anything that actually WORKS on BT? Doesn't need to be anything hyper-accurate (We strictly play single player, narrative or open-world/action RPG's for the pretty scenery and giggles) as long as I can still use M & K to game on the TV.

Many thanks for your time!

Reactions: Colif
Solution
Resolved.

I cannot believe what a cretin I've been.

I simply had to remove the tiny 2.4Ghz dongle from the range extender (USB connector) and plug it directly into the Shield TV's USB port. The '16 Turret is not 'officially' recognized, nor does it show up under the device's 'Connected Accessories' list but it works like a charm with no lag.

Borracho

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
Resolved.

I cannot believe what a cretin I've been.

I simply had to remove the tiny 2.4Ghz dongle from the range extender (USB connector) and plug it directly into the Shield TV's USB port. The '16 Turret is not 'officially' recognized, nor does it show up under the device's 'Connected Accessories' list but it works like a charm with no lag.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution