Question PC getting very hot after upgrades ?

rodium

Reputable
Dec 25, 2018
My pc gets very hot whenever i open a game and i don't know if this is normal hot or dangerous hot. it makes my fan in the back of my fan so hot to the touch that i am concerned at least so i thought i'd ask here if i need to do something.

so, this started when i recently have had some pc issues that caused me to replace my psu. I eventually identified on my own that my psu fan was dying and i replaced it with an identical psu i bought brand new. but shortly after that i replaced my cpu(a ryzen 7 1700X) with a new one(a ryzen 7 5800X3D) and upgraded to win11 from win10. So, this is around when my pc fans started spinning up really loud and the pc started getting hot whenever i started FF14 or opening opera browser, or anything more than fire fox browser and my drawing software.

So i tried to ignore this and continued some future proofing/upgrades and added a 3060 ti to the pc, upgrading it from an old 1080 ti. this didn't fix the problem obviously... it just gets hot when i open things and as soon as i close them the spinning slows and the pc goes quiet again. i have been experiencing very minor lag when watching twitch and youtube and if i open my elgato software to stream to friends in discord then the lag spikes to a very noticeable margin.

So i was just wondering if i should take action or if this is normal for these parts or what. i am just very concerned and any advice would be helpful. thank you in advance.

Additional hardware info: i have 3 monitors and a 4th screen which is a huion drawing tablet connected. i also have an elgato hd60s connected. my cpu cooler is a stock fan. i'm not sure what kind of case i have. i can't find that info.

What cpu cooler are you running? If you are that concerned about it, honestly drop a new cooler on that cpu and it may help.

But you might check for more bios updates.

What are your full pc specs including the make and model of your power supply?

Also, i mentioned the idea of a new cooler, have you looked at the Thermalright peerless assassin 120? It will set you back about 35 bucks but seems to be well reviewed. I’ve got one sitting on my i5 12600kf and it keeps it around 60 degrees Celsius even under full loads like cinebench or intel burn test.

They have many variations so if you want white with rgb for example or black or black with rgb, just do a search on Amazon and you’ll see how many different ones they carry. But I’m definitely happy with mine. I it’s 6 heat pipes with 2 towers and 2 120mm fans on it. Just be sure case can fit it.

But if you do go for one, I would recommend a long handled Phillips screwdriver for ease of install.

rodium

Reputable
Dec 25, 2018
What cpu cooler are you running? If you are that concerned about it, honestly drop a new cooler on that cpu and it may help.

But you might check for more bios updates.

What are your full pc specs including the make and model of your power supply?

Also, i mentioned the idea of a new cooler, have you looked at the Thermalright peerless assassin 120? It will set you back about 35 bucks but seems to be well reviewed. I’ve got one sitting on my i5 12600kf and it keeps it around 60 degrees Celsius even under full loads like cinebench or intel burn test.

They have many variations so if you want white with rgb for example or black or black with rgb, just do a search on Amazon and you’ll see how many different ones they carry. But I’m definitely happy with mine. I it’s 6 heat pipes with 2 towers and 2 120mm fans on it. Just be sure case can fit it.

But if you do go for one, I would recommend a long handled Phillips screwdriver for ease of install.
i'm running whatever came with my cpu as my cooler. also, just updated the bios again and it is still doin the thing. i will try a new fan and see what happens. thank you.