Question PC giving me headaches with blue screens and crashes.

Sep 19, 2023
Hi. Since my old hard drive died last September, i had to upgrade to an NVMe M2 SSD. As i installed the system in the first month i probably had about 2 random pc crashes but didn't pay attention to it. In the next months there were some random crashes here and there but not too much for me to be bothered by it and they all seemed quite random. Or at least i didn't pay much attention. Now fast forward to let's say august, i started noticing my pc crashes randomly when i play PUBG or CP2077. And it started to happen more often. Sometimes they won't happen, sometimes i could barely launch PUBG and it would crash my pc in the main menu. Sometimes i could play, more often it worked when i was playing with my friend, for some reason i would get less crashes. Now when i play Cyberpunk 2077 i record stuff with Nvidia GeForce Experience thing, gathering footage and stuff for my personal project. So early this month i started getting very frequent crashes. My main suspect was new SSD, i thought it was faulty, though it was at 94% health by Hard Disk Sentinel. But i had no other idea what it could be. So with very frequent crashes i started to fear for my data on SSD and i went and bought a new one, exactly the same. MSI Spatium M390 1TB. I cloned the system through disk image, and everything worked fine for couple of days. No crashes. It worked faster. I was happy, untill the moment i started recording more footage from Cyberpunk 2077, after cloning Nvidia reset the folder where footage is saved. Previously it was being recorded on the HDD that i bought for specifically for that. Settings reset it to be recorded on the partition of SSD where Windows was stored. And as i was recording i got one freeze just like before but then it unfroze, as i started to record again there was another crash, just like before, i was devastated. I understand that clean windows installation could probably help but i think i've done that on the first NVMe drive, after some crashes i reinstalled windows 10 clean and it still kept happening. I want to see if you guys can help me identify the issue here, maybe some logs will tell the reason or something. After the crashes i can feel my new SSD start to work slower kind of, some slower responses on Chrome and such. In Cyberpunk i have about 50-60 frames, after some recording it seemingly to my eyes drops to 20-25 before it crashes. I don't know what to do and i still have some days to return my new SSD back to the shop, since the issue seems to be in something else, well overall i don't understand anything now.

https://www.driverscloud.com/en/configuration/swxj1oowgxd-1/summary my system
IMG-20230918-175009.jpg
IMG-20230519-192057.jpg

Attaching images of how it looks when it freezes. Actually the process of the freeze goes like this: everything works fine, at one point it's almost like SSD stops working and reading new information, so for example when it stops reading information and in the game i move to a different place the textures and models are not loaded with detail, but i can still play and move in the area not for long, so it's like the pc is still functioning with information it had before it stopped, then what on the pictures happens, it freezes completely with weird artifact look, looks like GPU artifacts but how can i still play the game after it stopped streaming information from the storage, it still functions before freeze. Seems very complicated to me, i hope you understood what i meant. Last time it crashes the error was MEMORY MANAGEMENT. On the old SSD blue screen errors were different, or sometimes none, just blue screen with empty error line.
image.png

CrystalDisk information.
Also want to mention, before buying last M2 SSD, i attached my brother's SATA SSD, booted from it on my system, played some PUBG and it worked fine, to me it confirmed the issue was in my SSD and i went and bought new one. Now seeing that new M2 SSD worked fine for 2 days then gave me issues, maybe SATA SSD would freeze too if i used it for couple of days, i don't know now.

Sep 13, 2023
Right off the bat, the screen looks like you have a defective gpu.

Have you tried flashing the bios? Sounds a bit like there could be some incompatibility going on

Sep 19, 2023
Yeah I agree, but I still thought it was ssd's fault for some reason. Okay I have old GTX 660 at home and I'll try to run it and overload it with all the tasks.

Reactions: Homeman