[SOLVED] PC goes to setup screen everytime I boot ?

Isaacn90

Reputable
Feb 28, 2017
Hi team,

I've just recently built a new a PC and for some reason Everytime I boot it goes to this screen Boot screen .

From here I have to enable the cms setting and restart to select my sata SSD as the boot device. Even after doing this the PC won't boot . It takes me back the above screen where I select the boot device manually to boot. Ive tested with a new CMOS battery and it made no difference. The PC sometimes gets stuck in a loop where all the QLED lights up individually and resets without going to the boot led. I've already tried reflashing the bios
It's a new Mobo and CPU but never saves my bios settings. It's like it resets itself Everytime I boot

Asus tuff b550 plus
Ryzen 3600
RTX2070S (for mining)
Rtx 2080(main GPU for gaming)
Evga 850 g2 gold plus
Crucial 1tb m.2 P2
Crucial 125gb Ssd SATA
2x 8gb g.skill ripsaw DDR4 2400

Last edited:
Solution
If BIOS settings keep getting lost on reboot, that sounds like a problem with the RTC/CMOS power supply or the chip that provides RTC/CMOS. Make sure the CMOS clear jumper or switch isn't stuck closed. If everything has been checked and the problem persists, you may have a defective motherboard.

InvalidError

Titan
If BIOS settings keep getting lost on reboot, that sounds like a problem with the RTC/CMOS power supply or the chip that provides RTC/CMOS. Make sure the CMOS clear jumper or switch isn't stuck closed. If everything has been checked and the problem persists, you may have a defective motherboard.

Reactions: Isaacn90
Solution

Isaacn90

Reputable
Feb 28, 2017
Mate you are a genius. I had a temperature monitor plugged into my CMOS header. Unplugged and all fixed . Thanks mate