Question PC going faster than normal

May 13, 2019
Hey. I'm experiencing a very odd problem, so odd that I can't seem to find info about it anywhere.

Starting from late July last year, for no apparent reason, the desktop PCs in my house started going a bit faster than normal. All animations go faster than usual, whether it's the UI animations (minimize, start menu, etc) or even some games' animations. When I play a video or audio file, it goes a bit faster too. This is a problem because I can't play properly, it feels as if I was using a mild speedhack. The clock, if not set up to sync with any server, gets like 1 minute ahead from the actual time every 1 month and 2 weeks approximately (it's progressive, ofc).

The oddest thing I found out is, when the sun is out and there's sunlight in my room, the computer works at normal speed. That and the fact that just desktop PCs plugged to the house's electricity are affected by this and not laptops (or any mobile devices, even if the charger is plugged in) made me think the problem is related to the power, energy or electricity of my house. I have no idea what this could be or how could I solve this... So far I've tried different power sockets, to no avail.

Does anyone know what could be going on or does this sound completely nonsense? I can't find info about something like this anywhere...

Thanks for your help and sorry if this is super confusing.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Closest i can find. Check the links also in the best answer.

It's a bizarre problem, probably a coincidence with the sun light.

Maybe it's the speed ya snorting 😁

May 13, 2019
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, sadly I can't find any solution to this crazy problem. I checked that thread out and downloaded that WinTimerTester tool, but the ratio is normal (1.0). Also I don't think it's a BIOS thing because it happens with all plugged PCs, not just one.