Question Pc got wet no display

Brownie_1g

Reputable
Aug 29, 2016
So yesterday my pc was fine and working but when I turned it on today it gives me no signal on my monitor and I switched all the cords and tried other monitors.
I took it apart to clean and see if something was wrong and there was some water or something in the feet on the bottom so it wasn’t touching anything important but it definitely did at some point.
Everything seems to be working fine, all the lights and fans are on and working just no signal still after cleaning and drying everything.
Anything helps
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus rog rtx 2070 super
16gb Corsair vengeance ram
1tb hard drive
500gb internal ssd
Asus motherboard

I forgot some of the parts

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
This: "some water or something". Color, amount, smell, where else did you see the liquid?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What cooler, if any, is installed?

Explain "just no signal" - I think you mean that there is no display but more information is needed.

Brownie_1g

Reputable
Aug 29, 2016
This: "some water or something". Color, amount, smell, where else did you see the liquid?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What cooler, if any, is installed?

Explain "just no signal" - I think you mean that there is no display but more information is needed.

I think it’s definitely water that got spilled off my desk when people were over, it was clear with no smell and there wasn’t a ton but a little built up on the feet of my case so it wasn’t sitting on anything important. The cooler is the stock ryzen 3700x cooler, the Wraith prism I think. When I say no signal what happens is I’ll turn my pc on with everything plugged in correctly and after a few seconds my monitor pops up with no signal then it goes to sleep, I have tried 2 monitors

Brownie_1g

Reputable
Aug 29, 2016
Are you able to try another known working video cable as well? Not just monitors.

Try booting into Safe Mode.

Pull the GPU and try booting using the built-in iGPU (if supported).
Yeah so I used 2 different Display ports and 1 hdmi I that I plugged into the gpu directly and the motherboard also. I’m not sure what safe mode is I’ll have to look that up and tomorrow I’ll pop my gpu out and see if it helps