PC GPU display acting up

tschrock36

Prominent
Sep 7, 2017
So recently I moved and had my PC shipped to me, upon plugging it in my PC turned on just like it would with all the LED, fans, hard drives, and GPU turning on, but there was no display, and it powers off instantly when I press the power button while it is on, my GPU powers on and the fans start spinng like it normally would as well, I've tried reseating my GPU and ram, also I have tried removing my lithium battery and putting it back in, pls help

Solution
Dang, that sucks. I suspect a cracked solder joint somewhere. Problem could be just about anywhere but my 1st guess would be graphics card, 2nd would be one of the rails in the power supply. Do you have integrated graphics on your motherboard? If so, trying disconnecting graphics card and using integrated graphics. If everything is otherwise fine, you'll know it is the graphics card. If you don't have integrated graphics, could you borrow a graphics card from a friend? If you have a spare power supply lying around, that could be something else to try.

danthemanoz

Great
May 15, 2018
Dang, that sucks. I suspect a cracked solder joint somewhere. Problem could be just about anywhere but my 1st guess would be graphics card, 2nd would be one of the rails in the power supply. Do you have integrated graphics on your motherboard? If so, trying disconnecting graphics card and using integrated graphics. If everything is otherwise fine, you'll know it is the graphics card. If you don't have integrated graphics, could you borrow a graphics card from a friend? If you have a spare power supply lying around, that could be something else to try.

Solution