HodinDS

Honorable
Sep 18, 2015
CPU i7 5820k
GPU MSi GEFORCE GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Ram 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb sticks
MoBo ASUS Rampage V X99
PSU EVGA 1000 G2

I recently purchased (and played the hell out of) Assasin's Creed Odyssey.
After a while I get some stutter (mostly this happens after 2-3 hours play time.

My issue comes after I exit the game -and only after I have played this game- , and try to view a video/ movie where the video stops, while sound continues, then sound stutters and completely stops, mouse and keyboard are responsive, I can click on start but all buttons are simply not working.

clicking on shut down button will not work, hitting refresh on the screen will simply leave the Refresh button floating on the background by itself, trying to move icons will have them merge onto the same spot and simply nothing works.

I have left the pc in this state for minutes, even a couple of hours without any update, it's just stuck.

Issue is not present when playing other games, like NFS Heat, Darksiders 3 or Genesis, shadow of the Tomb Raider, so I am assuming that this must be due to a setting in the game or the Ubisoft launcher.

Thank you kindly for the help.

Solution
Next time that happens check task manager, cpu and memory tabs and assort items high to low. Hopefully not too laggy doing so. That should show what's still eating system resources, shouldn't be too hard because if system is slowing to a crawl it'll show it there, then research on that process you find.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Next time that happens check task manager, cpu and memory tabs and assort items high to low. Hopefully not too laggy doing so. That should show what's still eating system resources, shouldn't be too hard because if system is slowing to a crawl it'll show it there, then research on that process you find.

Solution