[SOLVED] PC hangs at motherboard logo splash screen after Windows 10 1909 update

Jul 4, 2020
So yesterday windows forcefully automatically updated to version 1909 from version 1809. Since then, when I power on my PC it stays frozen at the motherboard logo for an absurdly long time before finally booting into windows. This makes me think something is wrong and that the system could be unstable. Recently the wifi on my PC randomly started having lag spikes, which has never happened before. Could it be that I need to update the BIOS? Any help is appreciated.

Specs:
Gigabyte Z170-HD3P-CF motherboard, bios version F5
i7 6700k cpu
16 gigs ram

Last edited:
Solution
A pretty old bios you run so think it could well help to update. Just make sure it doesn't freeze in the bios before trying this. Just go into the bios for a while and see if everything responds fine.
Jul 4, 2020
A pretty old bios you run so think it could well help to update. Just make sure it doesn't freeze in the bios before trying this. Just go into the bios for a while and see if everything responds fine.
Thanks for the reply! Before doing this I tried unplugging and replugging the PC, and it actually fixed the issue. The pc doesn't stay stuck on the logo for as long. Do you still think I should update the bios?