[SOLVED] PC Hard Shutdown after swapping guts to a different case

Oct 18, 2021
I swapped out my guts into another case while also air pressure cleaning hardware while out of case (hardware was very dirty GPU and CPU temps went down 10°c after cleaning). My first issue was the GPU was running 70°c. I disconnected looked it over and reconnected, problem solved. Then I go to play a game and the system hard shuts down after playing over 30 mins. I boot back up, log into windows and leave at idle over night, the next day I play game again and it shuts down within 20 mins or so. When I boot back up the ssd the game was installed on isn't readable. After diagnosing sata port, ssd, and cable, it for some reason turned out to be a cable.... w/e problem solved. I play the game again and system shuts down in about 5 mins. I've had is it shut down sometimes right after logging into windows without game running. CPU temp is around 40°c idle and 55°c when gaming (is liquid cooled), GPU is 30°c idle and 45°c when gaming(is also liquid cooled). MB is about 30°c idle, and I haven't honestly payed enough attention while gaming, I believe it stays the same. I have swapped out PSU and still get same problem. All fans working. I disconnected and reconnected GPU and also reapplied thermal paste to CPU a second time just incase I was getting false readings. the only thing I haven't touched on the MB is the RAM. Anyone have any suggestions for further diagnosis?

About a 6 year old build.
Hardware:
MB: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support and UEFI BIOS
CPU: AMD FX-9590
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 06G-P4-1996-KR 6GB HYBRID GAMING, "All in One" No Hassle Water Cooling, Just Plug and Play Graphics Card
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-19200CL10Q-32GBZHD
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 120-G2-1000-XR 80+ GOLD 1000W Fully Modular Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply

Solution
What did you use to "air pressure" clean the hardware?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the shutdows etc..

My thought is that the air pressure broke or cracked something. Or perhaps created condensation that in turn created a short.

Do check and reseat the RAM.

Ralston18

Titan
What did you use to "air pressure" clean the hardware?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the shutdows etc..

My thought is that the air pressure broke or cracked something. Or perhaps created condensation that in turn created a short.

Do check and reseat the RAM.

Solution