Question PC has died over night

Raka12345

Commendable
Feb 8, 2021
Hi, I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help me with a recently dead system.

I was playing World of Warcraft last night when my PC just shut down and refused to power back on.

When I remove the GPU, the system powers on but the motherboard gives the error message / tone that the RAM is incompatible / not there (error 53). I've reseated the RAM but no matter what, it's not being recognised. I'm leaning towards thinking either the Mobo or the PSU is shot which given the age of the rig (3y+) and high usage is defintely possible but I'm curious as to what my next steps for trouble shooting should be.

PSU: Corsair CS750M
GPU: EVGA GeForce 1080 FTW
Mobo: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Source a donor PSU to power up the system that has at least 650W of power for the entire system and is reliably built(from a friend or neighbor) to rule out you having a bad PSU. The PSU used in your build(now) is far beyond sub par, you should invest in a reliably built unit, something along the lines of Corsair's TX lineup or a Seasonic Focus series PSU.

Raka12345

Commendable
Feb 8, 2021
Would the PSU be causing the RAM issue though? I could understand if it had degraded to a point where it could no longer power the GPU while in the system but I'm not sure how that would be giving me a RAM error when the GPU is removed?

Regardless, I'll try and source a new PSU today.

Thanks,