PC has elevated feet, will it be fine to have on carpet?

Oct 22, 2018
So I watched a setup wars and there was something about a PC being on carpet and how thats not good for it, but I've been keeping my PC on carpet for quite some time. I'm wondering whether or not it will be okay, as the case(while not being that good of a case.) has elevated feet. Case is the DIYPC TG8

Solution
How much height does the carpet have? Ideally the carpet's hair will tend to come up towards the PSU end, if your PSU's fan is facing up, then there's nothing to worry about. If it's facing down and the carpet strands are impeding airflow, I'd suggest resting the case either on the desk or having a slab/plank of wood under the chassis to prevent the strands of your carpet impeding airflow.

The case does indeed have vents at the bottom:
11-353-127-V10.jpg

Lutfij

Titan
How much height does the carpet have? Ideally the carpet's hair will tend to come up towards the PSU end, if your PSU's fan is facing up, then there's nothing to worry about. If it's facing down and the carpet strands are impeding airflow, I'd suggest resting the case either on the desk or having a slab/plank of wood under the chassis to prevent the strands of your carpet impeding airflow.

The case does indeed have vents at the bottom:
11-353-127-V10.jpg

Solution

Emil Lindstrom

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Most cases have bottom mounted power supplies which intake air from the bottom. The case you listed appears to have fairly tall feet so its probably ok. Just check to see that the intake for the PSU isnt blocked by the carpet.

That and dust. Carpets are good at collecting and moving dust to PCs. I keep mine up high on a desk and have very little dust to clean while systems near or on a floor tend to get much more dust inside them.

Oct 22, 2018

So my PC wont be damaged by the carpet, but collect a lot of dust instead?