Question PC has no display after being left on overnight

TehBadgR

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
Hope someone can help, been ripping my hair out for hours trying to work this out..

I recently upgraded my PC, and by upgraded i mean basically made a whole new PC with just the case being the same. Everything was going well, with it performing perfectly. Last night i decided to leave it on overnight while it downloaded some games that were taking a while. This morning i went to turn the monitors back on, and there was no signal going to them. I turned the pc off and on again, still no display. No splash screen, no windows, no nothing, as if the monitor wasn’t connected to anything.

I’ve tried everything i can think of - changing monitor, changing cables, trying both the gpu and on board graphics, reseating everything including cmos battery, tried individual ram sticks in different slots, removed the mobo and tried booting it outside the case, even tried my old gpu and power supply. Nothing will work. Any Ideas?

Specs:
Intel Core i5 8400
16gb ddr4 corsair vengeance
gigabyte gtx1060 6gb
gigabyte z370p d3
evga 600w psu

Last edited:
When testing outside the case, did you have down to bare hardware needed to get an image on screen? IE: pull the graphics card out of the motherboard, no drives connected. CMOS properly reset.

Do you have a speaker attached to system spkr? Any beep codes?

TehBadgR

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
When testing outside the case, did you have down to bare hardware needed to get an image on screen? IE: pull the graphics card out of the motherboard, no drives connected. CMOS properly reset.

Do you have a speaker attached to system spkr? Any beep codes?

yes literally nothing but the motherboard cpu /cooler and RAM. Haven’t got a speaker but i ordered one to turn up today to see if that changes anything