PC HDMI to Sony Bravia

em28

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
Hello!

I just finished building my first pc, however I did not purchase a monitor. We have a old(-ish) Sony Bravia TV, which I plan on using for display.

I used the motherboard HDMI i/o port to connect to the Bravia, started the pc, however there was no signal.
Fortunately I had a spare VGA to VGA cable, which I connected instead of HDMI and it worked!
Mobo to TV via vga
The pc booted and I installed windows 10.

Today. I installed the graphic card (zotac gtx 1060 amp)
However there are no VGA outputs for this graphic card.
(only DVI and HDMI) so I inserted the HDMI cable and once again, got no signal output.
(same as mobo HDMI out)

I also tried connecting the VGA back into the motherboard, but there is no output anymore (maybe because I've installed the graphic card?)

The problem 'could either be that
1. The HDMI cable is defective (is this possible)
2. Theres a problem with the TV
3. Something went seriously wrong

However it was working okay on Motherboard VGA OUT until I connected the Graphic card...(Graphic card overrides motherboard output??)

vga output is working when graphic card wasn't inserted
But I wish to connect the pc to the Bravia TV via HDMI

Please help!

Solution
UPDATE: I transported the entire system and connected it to another TV. Via HDMI on the graphic card. It worked! There is a problem with the HDMI signal being detected on the old Bravia TV (which accepts VGA)

I tried connecting the pc unto every HDMI port on the old TV but it won't work. I'll have to buy a new monitor or a VGA to DVI adapter to connect the graphic card on this TV. I need the setup here because the internet connection cable is near the old TV.

em28

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
UPDATE: I transported the entire system and connected it to another TV. Via HDMI on the graphic card. It worked! There is a problem with the HDMI signal being detected on the old Bravia TV (which accepts VGA)

I tried connecting the pc unto every HDMI port on the old TV but it won't work. I'll have to buy a new monitor or a VGA to DVI adapter to connect the graphic card on this TV. I need the setup here because the internet connection cable is near the old TV.

Solution