[SOLVED] PC instant shutdown

Nov 28, 2019
PC instant shutdown when it load to the windows 64bits but work fine with windows 32bits.I have i3 530,8gb ram and no graphic card.

Solution
So it could be the way I am reading this, but "PC instant shutdown when it load to the windows" means that drivers can't even be installed yet, as the user can't do anything. We are also at a point where Microsoft drivers really shouldn't be causing that big of an issue in Windows 10. The easiest way to tell if this is indeed a RAM issue or not is to remove the second bank of RAM sticks (that is, the stick that is accesses second). If the computer doesn't crash, we know it is the RAM. If it doesn't crash, we can look at other avenues.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Windows x86 OS (32bit) only uses 4Gb of ram, that's an OS limit and not changeable. To use more than 4Gb you'd need an x64 OS (64bit) which can allow upto 128Gb or 2Tb, depending on the version.

Most likely it's a windows driver conflict with the legacy drivers on the motherboard. I'd suggest you update to the last bios version and download and install all of the motherboard chipset drivers. These should be either open ended and accepting of x64 instructions, or updated for 64bit usage. Many of those old legacy drivers were 16bit and have major conflicts with 64bit instructions.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Download them to desktop.
Some are self executing, so click on them and they self install. Others may need you to go through Device Manager, update driver, choose have disc and point it at the correct driver on the desktop.

You'll want audio and Lan/network for sure, but USB, pcie, Sata, Intel IME and others would also be helpful.

So it could be the way I am reading this, but "PC instant shutdown when it load to the windows" means that drivers can't even be installed yet, as the user can't do anything. We are also at a point where Microsoft drivers really shouldn't be causing that big of an issue in Windows 10. The easiest way to tell if this is indeed a RAM issue or not is to remove the second bank of RAM sticks (that is, the stick that is accesses second). If the computer doesn't crash, we know it is the RAM. If it doesn't crash, we can look at other avenues.

Solution
Nov 28, 2019
Ok,I don't know what is happening when i remove one of the ram stick it just stuck at loading screen(before windows start up)and keep rebooting.(It just show testing ram.)