[SOLVED] PC Internet Speed Capping Help Please

ShameMate

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
Hey Guys,

For some reason I believe my PC isn't using the full amount in Bandwith it is getting from my Router. When trying to watch Twitch streams it always buffers, Steam is downloading at max 1mbps also. Also getting really high ping & network issues in games.

I have no idea what is causing this. I used to have MSI Dragon Centre installed, and i recently found out that was a cause of internet capping. So have uninstalled it then everything started working normal again, but now is acting up without that program.. When running a Speedtest on Speedtest.net, i do get my accurate speeds on the system. Just seems like the system is capping it self for some reason?

Internet:
BT
900mb Download
100+ Upload

Computer Specs:
If anyone knows any tests i can run, or anything that could help me find the solution i'd really appreciate it...

Further Testing:
I have tried multiple Ethernet Cables & 2x Systems. It is proving to only be my main PC.

If needed, i can upload a list of the programs installed on the System also.

Thanks in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
Check that your network adapter is set to Auto-Negotiate.

Run Resource Monitor and Task Manager (just one at a time) to determine what resources are being used when watching Twitch.

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

ShameMate

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017

Run Resource Monitor and Task Manager (just one at a time) to determine what resources are being used when watching Twitch.

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue.

Thanks for trying to help btw!

I couldn't find the Auto-Negotiate thing in the property section. However i saw something called "Transmit Buffers" And it's at 1024?

ShameMate

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017

It's BT's Smart Hub 2

I have full access to the admin stuff, etc.

I don't think it's the router tho, as the pc is getting the correct speeds when runnign speedtests on speedtest.net. It's just not getting the correct speed in games, & steam downloading View: https://imgur.com/a/7m5ly1O