[SOLVED] PC is behaving strangely

swanepoellukas5

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
I built my PC 3 months ago and haven't experienced issues until a few weeks ago. The first issue was that sometimes the pc woudn't turn off. If I closed the game(Dark Souls 3) and told the PC to shutdown it would proceed normally and the screen would go black, but it would stay on. The fans would continue spinning and the lights on the fans and graphics card would stay on too. I assumed it was my OC making the PC unstable, so I removed it and the problem still persisted. I found waiting 15 seconds and shutting down steam solves this, but it still worries me. And today I stopped playing Dark Souls 3 to play Metal Gear Solid 5 and about an hour in the ENTIRE PC crashed. First the game woudn't stop looking to the right, so I unplugged the controller and tried with the keyboard and mouse, and the problem persisted. I tried clicking on some things but nothing registered, so I unplugged the Kboard and mouse and plugged it back in and they woudn't even turn(both have RGB, so you can tell if they're on). The whole computer froze and I had to reboot it.

Last edited:
Solution
Just laying this thread to rest. Haven't experienced any of the issues I listed in months. I'm relatively certain the problem was caused by running Dark Souls 3 in fullscreen mode. It may also have been because most of my drivers and windows weren't completely up to date at the time, but I suppose I'll never know.

swanepoellukas5

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
So I did a bit of research and discovered that first gen Ryzen only officially supports RAM speed of upto 2667mhz, whereas I was running it at 3000. I changed the RAM speed to 2666mhz and I'll do some testing to see if the PC still acts up

swanepoellukas5

Commendable
Jan 4, 2018
Just laying this thread to rest. Haven't experienced any of the issues I listed in months. I'm relatively certain the problem was caused by running Dark Souls 3 in fullscreen mode. It may also have been because most of my drivers and windows weren't completely up to date at the time, but I suppose I'll never know.

Solution