Question PC is crashing due to overheating CPU. Looks like NZXT water cooler isn't turning on

badgerpwnz

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2014
Yesterday i cleaned my computer (opened the side of the case while it was off and used compressed air on the fans) and used it all last night (no issues at all). Today I was using chrome and the fans started to ramp and it got really laggy, and after a second it crashed. I turned it on and went to the bios and realized the CPU temp was going up quickly. Then i noticed the NZXT logo on my water cooler wasn't on (I think it usually is). I'm confused what could have happened or what steps I can take to fix this.

The only other thing i could think of was I sprayed off the mesh that sits in front of my front panel fans. I let it dry until I could'nt feel any moisture, but the only thing I can think is maybe there was enough there where the fans extracted it or something. I really don't think there was enough (meaning really any), but still wanted to add this.

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
Yesterday i cleaned my computer (opened the side of the case while it was off and used compressed air on the fans) and used it all last night (no issues at all). Today I was using chrome and the fans started to ramp and it got really laggy, and after a second it crashed. I turned it on and went to the bios and realized the CPU temp was going up quickly. Then i noticed the NZXT logo on my water cooler wasn't on (I think it usually is). I'm confused what could have happened or what steps I can take to fix this.

The only other thing i could think of was I sprayed off the mesh that sits in front of my front panel fans. I let it dry until I could'nt feel any moisture, but the only thing I can think is maybe there was enough there where the fans extracted it or something. I really don't think there was enough (meaning really any), but still wanted to add this.
Kinda sounds like your water cooler is defective.

badgerpwnz

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2014
Kinda sounds like your water cooler is defective.
I'm just worried it had something to do with the cleaning or the mesh or something. Seems odd it happened the day after i cleaned it. I would be really happy if it was just the water cooler. Do you happen to know if the pump going out is a typical problem at all?

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
I'm just worried it had something to do with the cleaning or the mesh or something. Seems odd it happened the day after i cleaned it. I would be really happy if it was just the water cooler. Do you happen to know if the pump going out is a typical problem at all?
I don't know. I don't have experience with that.