Question PC is extremely slow after BSOD this morning after Kernel Power 41 and Kernel Mode Heap Corruption

Qaerus

Prominent
Jul 20, 2022
After browsing the web this morning, my pc crashed not even 10 minutes on and gave me the Kernel Power 41 code.

I restarted it worked for a little then did again. I restarted again and it wasn't BSOD'ing anymore for a while until later I got the Kernel Mode Heap Corruption BSOD.

My CPU temps and usage are very high even when idling and just browsing the web and now any program I open takes ages to open.

Let me know which log files you need but here is the minidump.

Windows build: Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.436) Mind you had no problems with this until today.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
@Qaerus

Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): Make, model, capacity, how full?

Where are you getting/seeing the error code(s): Reliability History, Event Viewer, elsewhere?

Are you seeing lots of error codes? Perhaps increasing in numbers and variety?

Any patterns? Reliability History presents a time line format that can be very revealing. Much more user friendly as well.

(Event Viewer is tougher to navigate and understand but there is no need to rush into or through it.)

At the next successful boot do not immediately open any program.

Instead, open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor. Actually you should use both but only one at time.

Sit and observe what the system is doing or maybe trying to do for awhile. "Awhile" being defined as things stop changing values and all is (hopefully) stable.

Then leave the tool window open to show as much as possible then launch one of the "slow" programs. Just one.

Or, with browsing causes the problem then open the browser and browse as normal.

Either way, simply watch what, if anything changes, and what is going one when the loading "takes ages".

Objective being to discover more about the problem and consider possible reasons.

= = = =

Also: cleaning the case and some other routine maintenance actions could prove helpful.

However, not "just any cold air blower will do". You need clean compressed air and, even more importantly must apply it correctly and carefully.

bugcheck was an access violation in netio.sys

basically, the razer synapse made a call to nsiproxy.sys which made a call to netio.sys which ended up causing an access violation that caused the bugcheck.
(heap corruption)

first fix attempt would be to uninstall all of the razer software and services then reinstall the current version. Then run the intel driver update and pick up the installs and reboot. (see below for link)

notes:
looks like you have a old bios version. you might want to update.
looks like hp is not updating the drivers for this machine but you might want to check:
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-244 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

ScpVBus.sys Sun May 5 14:31:26 2013 this version corrupts system memory, you need a version compiled in 2016 if you can find it. (fix was made in 2016)
you should use microsoft autoruns64.exe to delete this driver:
Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

note: running overclock drivers:
iocbios2.sys Tue Jul 20 11:42:28 2021 (cpu overclock)
(does not look like you have a cpu overclock. I would remove the driver with autoruns)
RTCore64.sys (gpu overclock driver)

might want to remove this driver:
IntelReadyModeDriver.sys Mon Mar 14 09:10:50 2016
(old intel update driver)
and go here to get intel updates:Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
(it should pick up a update for your intel wireless network card, which would be the second fix attempt to prevent this bugcheck)

it should also update your intel storage driver.

would be nice to update the motherboard sound driver but the motherboard vendor does not have a proper update. (old version had issues with crashing GPU sound drivers and crash the GPU driver)

7: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 3.0, DMIVersion 0, Size=3029]
BiosMajorRelease = 5
BiosMinorRelease = 12
BiosVendor = AMI
BiosVersion = F.10
BiosReleaseDate = 03/31/2017
SystemManufacturer = HP
SystemProductName = 870-244
SystemFamily = 103C_53311M HP Omen
SystemVersion = 1.04
SystemSKU = Z5M59AA#ABA
BaseBoardManufacturer = HP
BaseBoardProduct = 830C
BaseBoardVersion = 1.04
7: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3600
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Update Status = REG_DWORD 0
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ GenuineIntel
MSR8B = REG_QWORD de00000000

Last edited: