Question PC Is Extremely Slow And Unusable After An Upgrade

Mar 11, 2023
Hi This is my first time asking on a forum like this because usually someone will have asked about the same problem and i wouldve found fixes with that but no fixes have did it for me. everytime i open anything on my pc whether its games,programs or things like explorer the load times takes forever and when it finally load its laggy as hell, games is a slideshow, discord takes forever loading when clicking anything, opera gx is slow as hell when loading a website or when clicking anything, point is nothing is really running as how its supossed to.

Here is my pc
Ryzen 5 5600
GTX 1650 VENTUS XS 4G OC DDR5
B550-A PRO
Corsair Vengeance 2x8 3200
Super Flower Legion GX Pro 650W
Samsung 870 EVO 500GB Sata SSD
2 1TB Seagate Barracuda

UBM: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/59901237

it is important to note that i had just upgraded my cpu,motherboard and ram however i already did a windows clean install (like with media creation thingy and stuff not windows reset) ,installed the latest chipset and drivers for the motherboard, clean installed the gpu drivers, updated the bios to the newest stable version available,re-seated my cpu and ram a bunch of times, even then this problem still persist. BUT When i go back to using my old cpu,mobo,ram combo its back to being snappy.
iam at my wits end if this is not fixed soon please help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i had just upgraded my cpu,motherboard
What were they prior?

i already did a windows clean install
Did you make sure no other drives were hooked to the platform apart from the one that you intended to install the OS onto? Following that, did you wipe the SSD off of all OS related partitions before you performed a clean install of the OS?

like with media creation thingy
The installer was created prior to installing the OS?

updated the bios to the newest stable version available
meaning 7C56vAB ?

Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

How old is the PSU in the build?

Reactions: kurdtnz
Mar 11, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

i had just upgraded my cpu,motherboard
What were they prior?

i already did a windows clean install
Did you make sure no other drives were hooked to the platform apart from the one that you intended to install the OS onto? Following that, did you wipe the SSD off of all OS related partitions before you performed a clean install of the OS?

like with media creation thingy
The installer was created prior to installing the OS?

updated the bios to the newest stable version available
meaning 7C56vAB ?

Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard?

How old is the PSU in the build?

My old cpu combo is
i5 6400
EX- H110M-V
1x8 2133mhz

No other drive was plugged in when installing the OS only the ssd was plugged because i read it might delete the data on there accidentally sometimes, do you have to format it and how? i think i had the partition that windows created automatically (recovery partitions) dont windows just automatically format those?

yes i used media creation tool to put the installer on my flashdisk (i chose the iso version because people said its more stable and burned it to the flashdisk using rufus) while following a tutorial on my phone

yes bios version 7C56vAB

ram is in the second slot and the last slot

my psu is 4 months old i bought it back in nov 2022

Mar 11, 2023
This wouldn't cause problems to the extent you see, but do check if the RAM has the XMP profile enabled (enabled and running at higher speed is more important for AMD CPUs compared to Intel, but it helps on both).
i dont have it enabled when doing the ubm benchmark and right now however i did try it before and it didnt help. might try resetting the bios setting to default next.