Question PC is fine for 30 minute - a few hours intervals then gets BSOD with a reference by pointer error.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 20, 2022
So just live the title states, when I got home today it looked like my PC was frozen on a blue screen that stated "We found a problem with your PC and are restarting it" or something along those lines. So I force restarted it and now whenever it restarts it is fine for about 20-30 min before it says the same thing and restarts. Any one have any ideas on what the problem could be? So far I have run a memory test, ran a CHKDSK which took about 8 hours, ran a file scan on powershell, tried updating my realtek audio drivers, as well as running malware check but nothing seems to be working. Any help with this would be greatly apprecaited.

Edit: Here are my Minidump files. I have more if anyone needs some.
https://files.catbox.moe/bt0neu.zip

Colif

Win 11 Master
yes, its the anti cheat

Jun 03 2022vgk.sysVanguard Anti-Cheat driver

and if it wasn't needed for game to run, I would call it a virus. It has higher access to CPU than any other driver. It thinks it owns your PC.

UM, try reinstalling it?
ntoskrnl - windows kernel. it was victim, not cause.

May 20, 2022
Yeah, I just uninstalled it as well as valorant since I dont really play it all that often. I'm wondering though, is that causing the Driver Verifier crash also causing the file ntsokrnl.exe to crash? Or do you think its two separate files crashing indepentently.

Colif

Win 11 Master
NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

it crashed because its involved in almost every action. So Driver caused it to crash. It is a very common victim. Rarely the cause.

you can run driver verifer again to see if it finds anything else. I just wish it wouldn't occasionally cause boot loops.
i have precautions for it - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/driver-verifier-instructions.3686888/

May 20, 2022
I will try both of those methods, I just tried to manually uninstall the driver on device manager but whenever I try, I get another BSOD with a reference by pointer Error. Hopefully those two you recommended don't cause this.

May 20, 2022
Yeah i got it twice while trying to remove it in safe mode with networking but it still crashed. For apps and features, I just see:

Dell InHome Service Agreement
Dell Support Assist
Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery Plugin
Dell Wireless Driver Installation

I dont think its any of these right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
use autoruns to stop them loading with windows. then it doesn't matter if they on there, if all the dell programs are gone.
just unticking them in autoruns stops them on the next restart.

dv could still be seeing same drivers if they still there.

or something else.

upload dumps if you can't see a driver name in them.

May 20, 2022
use autoruns to stop them loading with windows. then it doesn't matter if they on there, if all the dell programs are gone.
just unticking them in autoruns stops them on the next restart.

dv could still be seeing same drivers if they still there.
Alright i’ll download Autorun on safe mode with networking. Stop the dell drivers then reset again and update you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
If your computer crashes every time it boots and you can’t disable Driver Verifier, try booting into Safe Mode, launching Driver Verifier, and telling it to delete existing settings. You should then be able to boot your PC normally.

Colif

Win 11 Master
May 20, 2022
Leawo iOS Data Recovery is a comprehensive data recovery tool for all iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. With it, you can easily recover 12 types of lost data from iTunes backup, like photos, videos, contacts, messages, voice memos, notes, etc.
http://www.herdprotect.com/phymem64.sys-86f63b14e5a7bdd1543b387b41b7b0f82041e180.aspx

driver not listed on any of dump listings as drivers running at time.
No, no driver was listed. However I followed youre instructions and I am not on normal windows bootup mode. I have Autoruns open but im not seeing the dell drivers anywhere on here even though I still see them on device manager.