Question pc is lagging after installing nvidia driver (programs shutting down by its own)

Jul 13, 2024
as i am installing my nvidia driver my pc is stuttering, programs are crashing, someitmes screen is going black, sometimes monitor is saying no signal, i am very frustrated please help.
And talked to MSI technician three times everytime he addressed different issues firstly said memory issue secondly said motherboard issue and third time said system compatibility issue. and now i am confused what to do beacuse without gpu everything is working fine and with gpu is also working fine only if i dont install nvidia drivers.
my pc configuration are -

Processor - i9 14900k (using AIO - cooler master MasterLiquid 360L Core)
MotherBoard - MSI MPG Z790 CARBON MAX WIFI II
RAM - Adata XPG Lancer 32gb*2
Graphics Card - MSI 4090 gaming X trio DDR6 ( using riser cable of thermaltake )
SSD - 1tb wd black SN850 NVMe
SSD - 500gb wd black SN770 NVMe
Power Supply - ThermalTake Toughpower GF3 1350W Gold - TT Premium Edition
Cabinet - ThermalTake Core P8 TG

*using single 12vhp cable for graphics card.
*tried changing hdmi cable.
*re-installed drivers and updated bios, tried formatting whole pc and reinstalled windows also.
*And yes if im using HDMI through motherboard its working fine.
*i did VSync-off, gameoverlay-off but still no luck.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you try without the riser cable?

*re-installed drivers and updated bios, tried formatting whole pc and reinstalled windows also.
Can you elaborate on how you reinstalled the drivers? Where did you source the installer for the OS? Installed the OS in offline mode?

Jul 13, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you try without the riser cable?

Can you elaborate on how you reinstalled the drivers? Where did you source the installer for the OS? Installed the OS in offline mode?
hi, thankyou!
yes tried that also but no luck