Question Pc is not booting after new cpu and no display

Aug 7, 2024
Hi there

I wanted to upgrade my computer so i put a new cpu and cooler in it but it did not want to boot but after realizing i needed to update my bios i put in my old cpu with the new cooler but i won't boot either but the fans start spinning but no display

Can someone please help me out

here are the specs
motherboard :asus prime h410m-d
old cpu: intel core I3 10100f
new cpu: I5 10600kf
graphics card: nvdia msi 3060 12gb
ram: crucial 2*16 ddr4 kit

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First, check and see if there are any bent or broken pins on the CPU's socket. Clear the CMOS, do so, by disconnecting from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs and then replace the battery after 30mins.

You forgot to mention your PSU's make and model and it's age and what you're using to cool the new processor.

Aug 7, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First, check and see if there are any bent or broken pins on the CPU's socket. Clear the CMOS, do so, by disconnecting from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs and then replace the battery after 30mins.

You forgot to mention your PSU's make and model and it's age and what you're using to cool the new processor.
Thank you for your fast reply but i have found the problem after removing one of the ram sticks it booted up so i put in the second one and now it works fine i don't know how but it's fixed and even the new cpu works without updating the bios.

Thank you for your fast reply but i have found the problem after removing one of the ram sticks it booted up so i put in the second one and now it works fine i don't know how but it's fixed and even the new cpu works without updating the bios.

There may be many reasons but its working now and you can enjoy your new upgrades, If you have any future problems come post again,

Reactions: killerman134007