[SOLVED] Pc is not booting after XMP Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Hello Guys,
I recently bought Ryzen 7 3700x with a MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk.
I have Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz c15 ram. When i boot my pc it starts on default which is 2133mhz.
So i decided to use XMP Profile to get 3000mhz and my CPU ezledbug was ON on the motherboard and i had black screen. (Pc had power tho)

So basically because i'm using XMP profile to 3000mhz is causing my pc not to boot.
Any thoughts about it?

Pc Setup:
MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Ryzen 7 3700x
Gtx 1060 6GB ASUS ROG STRIX
Corsair RM650x Power supply
Crucial MX300 525GB SSD
Western Digital 1TB 7200RPM HDD
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz C15

Last edited:
Solution
Sadly Corsair Vengeance RAM have proven to be difficult to get to run at their rated speeds on Ryzen systems.
Try setting the XMP profile BUT then change the DRAM frequency to 2866 and see if it boots.
If it does try 2933 and see if that boots.

Your other option is to manually enter the DRAM frequency, Primary timings and DRAM voltage to those listed on your RAM modules.
This should help with that:
https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/Ryzen3000_MemoryOverclockingGuide.pdf
Hello Guys,
I recently bought Ryzen 7 3700x with a MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk.
I have Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x8gb 3000mhz c15 ram. When i boot my pc it starts on default which is 2133mhz.
So i decided to use XMP Profile to get 3000mhz and my CPU ezledbug was ON on the motherboard and i had black screen. (Pc had power tho)

So basically because i'm using XMP profile to 3000mhz is causing my pc not to boot.
Any thoughts about it?
It may be that....even though the memory is rated at 3000.....it won't run at 3000 in your system. Memory can be very hit or miss. If you can't see the BIOS....you can reset your CMOS to the defaults and try it .

Although I'm not sure why the CPU debug light would come on in this case.

Reactions: andrepartthree

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
It may be that....even though the memory is rated at 3000.....it won't run at 3000 in your system. Memory can be very hit or miss. If you can't see the BIOS....you can reset your CMOS to the defaults and try it .

Although I'm not sure why the CPU debug light would come on in this case.
I tried it earlier, after resetting the CMOS my pc was booting. When it booted i allways pressed F2: Start with default settings. Because when you reset the CMOS it will go back to 2133mhz anyway.

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Yeah I was just trying to get you back running.
Thank you. The reason that CPU LED is on is because it's going through setup as: CPU, blabla, VGA and then boot. But the reason getting stuck at CPU is because the ram is actually not giving power? Idk how to describe it. But when at 2133mhz it works without problem (default setting).

Thank you. The reason that CPU LED is on is because it's going through setup as: CPU, blabla, VGA and then boot. But the reason getting stuck at CPU is because the ram is actually not giving power? Idk how to describe it. But when at 2133mhz it works without problem (default setting).
You're welcome. I think that there's a good chance, for whatever reason, the RAM is having trouble running at 3000...because RAM can be finicky.

Reactions: Soortt

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
You could try manually overclocking it up to 2400 or 2666 to see if that works.
I have no idea if this is possible/makes sense though.
It could be the worst advice ever.
There should be a way to overclock it, maybe i should overclock it to 3000mhz myself without using the xmp profile. Not sure if that is a possibility.

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
Some motherboards let you do this. Others don't.
Okay that i didn't know. I also forgot to mention, i used my friends rams 2 weeks ago to test something and his rams were working on XMP profile. It was a 3200mhz 2x8gb c16 ripjaws..
I had a faulty cpu with tons of BSODs. Got a new cpu from RMA. Working fine, just not sure why i can't get to 3000mhz.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Sadly Corsair Vengeance RAM have proven to be difficult to get to run at their rated speeds on Ryzen systems.
Try setting the XMP profile BUT then change the DRAM frequency to 2866 and see if it boots.

Your other option is to manually enter the DRAM frequency, Primary timings and DRAM voltage to those listed on your RAM modules.
This should help with that:
https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/Ryzen3000_MemoryOverclockingGuide.pdf

Reactions: Soortt
Solution
Okay that i didn't know. I also forgot to mention, i used my friends rams 2 weeks ago to test something and his rams were working on XMP profile. It was a 3200mhz 2x8gb c16 ripjaws..
I had a faulty cpu with tons of BSODs. Got a new cpu from RMA. Working fine, just not sure why i can't get to 3000mhz.
It's not super rare....that when you apply the XMP profile....especially with RAM that is not the QVL list....that you might have problems.
RAM can be frustrating.
You never really know if it's going to work until it works.

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
It's not super rare....that when you apply the XMP profile....especially with RAM that is not the QVL list....that you might have problems.
RAM can be frustrating.
You never really know if it's going to work until it works.
I did check the QVL list, mine is listed in there. But from the searchs i've been doing for the past 6 weeks is that i've seen that most ppl with corsair ram is having same problems.

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016

I will definitelly try to do it manually, probably after few weeks. I just gotta be sure to not get any kind of driver issues/bsod. Just got a new cpu because i had a faulty one. Had a 6 week stressed life because of it :'D

Reactions: DMAN999
I did check the QVL list, mine is listed in there. But from the searchs i've been doing for the past 6 weeks is that i've seen that most ppl with corsair ram is having same problems.
This is what I mean when I say RAM can be frustrating. Even if it's on the list there is a chance for things like this to happen. I think the risk is definitely less if it's on the list....but the risk is still there.

Soortt

Honorable
Nov 12, 2016
This is what I mean when I say RAM can be frustrating. Even if it's on the list there is a chance for things like this to happen. I think the risk is definitely less if it's on the list....but the risk is still there.
That sucks but i'll live with it, thank you for being so helpfull. Have a great day (y)

jasonf2

Distinguished
You are not the first person in the forums to have this issue. Corsair Vengeance and Ryzen at advertised speeds don't always get along with each other. I unfortunately have one of those systems as well. I have played with half a dozen advertised stable clock timings/voltage and frequency for my board/cpu combo and have as to yet to get anything stable over standard SPD timings and frequency even at QVL. It has been suggested by other forum members that GSKILL plays better, but I cannot confirm that. The worst part is that the system runs right on the edge of stable. When you get it close it will run for hours or even a day or two before the thing reboots or BSOD. Others dealing with the issue have suggested that a CPU overclock was necessary to stabilize, but with the time I have spent jacking with the RAM overclock throwing a CPU overclock in the mix has just left me running at SPD speed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.