[SOLVED] Pc is not posting, brought it to Geek Squad and it posted there, but not at home.

Apr 23, 2021
So I kept hearing a humming noise due to vibration in the corner of my pc, everything else was running fine. I took the side panel off to see if I could spot the point of vibration. Realized I didn’t want to mess with anything so I put the side panel back on. When I power the pc on everything appears to be fine, it just won’t post. I can enter my password to login and all my rgb lights turn off, which is my personal setting when I login, which tells me it’s just the display.

I couldn’t find any lose wires or plugs so I brought it to geek squad today and right when the booted it up, it posted. They said it was fine, I brought it home and now it’s doing the same thing, no post. I tried different monitors, different plugs in different rooms, different hdmi cables, nothing is working. I’ve had this pc for only a month and I have no clue what to do. Thanks for the help, it’s much appreciated.

Solution
Please list all system specs, including PSU. Also, what ports does your GPU have available? Could they have used a different port?
I feel like a idiot after finding out the “issue”. It was me using the hdmi port from my motherboard and not the ports from my graphic card. I’ve been using the motherboard port for a month now and it worked fine until now for some reason. It’s like I didn’t even acknowledge that the gpu ports existed bc my previous method was no longer working so I focused on that. Anyway, thanks for you response, this is a lesson learned.
Apr 23, 2021
Please list all system specs, including PSU. Also, what ports does your GPU have available? Could they have used a different port?
I feel like a idiot after finding out the “issue”. It was me using the hdmi port from my motherboard and not the ports from my graphic card. I’ve been using the motherboard port for a month now and it worked fine until now for some reason. It’s like I didn’t even acknowledge that the gpu ports existed bc my previous method was no longer working so I focused on that. Anyway, thanks for you response, this is a lesson learned.

Solution