PC is not POSTing no matter what I do!

RainbowButtBlast

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
Hi,
Recently I built a PC and it will not POST no matter what steps I take to remedy the problem. The computer boots up, the fans spin, the LEDs on the GPU, Motherboard, Case Fans and the CPU cooler, all light up. So therefore, everything seems to be getting power making me question why this is occuring.

What I have done to diagnose the problem:
- I removed all of my hard drives to test whether they were the problem however they were not.
- I removed my GPU to see whether that would fix it but unfortunately to no prevail.
- I cleared the CMOS / reset the BIOS but that didn't fix anything.

My PC Specifications:
- CPU: Intel i7 4770k Quad Core @ 3.5GHz
- CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX Closed Loop Liquid Cooler
- GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0
- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus Gene VII Mini ATX
- PSU: Corsair HX1000i ATX PSU
- Case: Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower
- SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Pro 500GB
2x Toshiba HDD 1TB (its a generic HDD I can't remember the long name it had, its just a bunch of letters and numbers).

I wonder whether when I was building the system there could of been a static discharge within it causing the components such as the motherboard to break?

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter as I am completely lost as to what has caused this problem within a new system like mine!

Many thanks,
Joe

RainbowButtBlast

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
How will removing a cooler and replacing it with the stock cooler fix anything? Also, I have already tried using the iGPU when I removed the dedicated graphics card however, this does not work. Furthermore, what do you mean by "only the boot device", if you mean just try and POST from my boot device I have already done this method and it did not work. I appreciate the help though!

RainbowButtBlast

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
Thanks I will try that now! I was not trying to be awkward I just wanted to see why you thought the Heatsink could be the problem. With that being said I will completely strip my PC down and get back to this thread once I have tested it.

RainbowButtBlast

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
It turns out that the PC is not POSTing even when completely breadboaded. I took out the motherboard with the CPU implemented within it with the stock cooler, 1 stick of RAM and the PSU. This leads me to believe that it could either be the Motherboard or PSU right?