[SOLVED] PC is On, and So is the Monitor, but No Image Appearing on Screen

Apr 9, 2018
I just reseated my my RAM and checked to make sure all connections inside the PC were secure. I booted it back up and reconnected everything externally just like it was (I took a picture to make sure I didn't forget where everything goes) and my PC booted up fine. When I booted up my PC however, the monitor doesn't display an image like normal. My monitor is clearly receiving power and responds to inputs I give it using the buttons on the side of the monitor, but then it will go blank for a second and say 'HDMI-1 NO SIGNAL' and the screen goes blank. I've done this before with no problem and I'm positive I've reconnected everything correctly.

I have no idea why it won't work, I looked at the manual to the monitor and I have everything plugged in right. The only other thing I did was unscrew the screw on the back panel holding the PSU in place to get a better look at it, but now everything is back in place exactly as it was.

Specs

Motherboard: ASUSTeK SATA 6Gb/s DDR4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6-core processor
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580
RAM: Single 8gb XPG ADATA DDR4 stick
Storage: 1 TB Hard Drive
PSU: Thermaltake 500W 80+
Cooling: Deep Cool brand fan mounted on the mobo that came with the PC
Monitor is an ASUS 75 hz 1080p.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Last edited:
Solution
Well I tried unplugging everything, waiting, plugging it back back in and powering it all up. Unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. CyberPowerPC support emailed me suggesting that I follow a guide to reseat my graphics card, but I never removed it in the first place so... does that sound like it would do anything?

The only other thing I can think to do is reseat my RAM again, maybe this time trying the 1st slot instead if the 2nd, which is where I've always had it. Should I be concerned about moving the RAM closer to the heatsink? I'm not sure if that would cause any temp/airflow issues.
Definitely reseat your graphics card, if still no luck do try moving your ram to the first slot and no it won’t have any issues being...
Feb 14, 2019
This is a problem with either
A) the GPU
or B) the HDMI cable.
Check the back of the PC to make sure the HDMI cable is connected tightly to the GPU and NOT the motherboard's HDMI slot. Usually the GPU slot is near the top, so check that out. Also check the connection to the monitor. This happened to me when I upgraded my GPU... and to fix it I unplugged both sides, shut off the PC, plugged both sides in, and turned it back on and it worked. Try these and see what happens!

Reactions: redro_guy
Feb 28, 2019
I had an issue just this morning when one of the work PC's would not show display at all when a USB 3.0 was plugged into a 2.0 port, by far the strangest problem i have ever ran into in my life.
As soon as i removed the 3.0 USB boom full display after i restarted PC, I ended up figuring out it was linked with being on the latest version of Windows 10 (typical) So if you have any external usb drives attached perhaps disconnect them and restart.

Also another possible fix is actually unplugging both power cable and HDMI from the monitor and leave the monitor like this for 10 minutes, I know it sounds really weird but it has to do with the processor resetting itself or something its worked for me in the past. give that a go.

Feb 14, 2019
I had an issue just this morning when one of the work PC's would not show display at all when a USB 3.0 was plugged into a 2.0 port, by far the strangest problem i have ever ran into in my life.
As soon as i removed the 3.0 USB boom full display after i restarted PC, I ended up figuring out it was linked with being on the latest version of Windows 10 (typical) So if you have any external usb drives attached perhaps disconnect them and restart.

Also another possible fix is actually unplugging both power cable and HDMI from the monitor and leave the monitor like this for 10 minutes, I know it sounds really weird but it has to do with the processor resetting itself or something its worked for me in the past. give that a go.
strangest thing i've ever heard... sometimes "complex" problems require uncanny or "dumb" solutions these days...

Apr 9, 2018
This is a problem with either
A) the GPU
or B) the HDMI cable.
Check the back of the PC to make sure the HDMI cable is connected tightly to the GPU and NOT the motherboard's HDMI slot. Usually the GPU slot is near the top, so check that out. Also check the connection to the monitor. This happened to me when I upgraded my GPU... and to fix it I unplugged both sides, shut off the PC, plugged both sides in, and turned it back on and it worked. Try these and see what happens!
I tried unplugging the HDMI and power to the monitor and will wait ten minutes and hook it all back up to see what happens.

I should mention that I have both an HDMI and VGA cable both running from the monitor to the PC at the same time, but again, this is how I've always had it with no problem. Should I disconnect the VGA on both sides for 10 minutes as well?

And the manual for setting up my monitor seems to want the HDMI cable plugged into the middle of the back part of my PC, although I do see a separate HDMI plugin towards the top like you mentioned.

Currently I've got everything set up the way it has been for months now, so I'm not sure what could suddenly be wrong. Should I try to run the HDMI cable under the HDMI-2 slot or will that even make a difference?

Apr 9, 2018

I have both an HDMI and VGA cable both running from the monitor to the PC at the same time, but this is how I've always had it with no problem. Should I disconnect the VGA on both sides for 10 minutes as well?

Feb 28, 2019
I have both an HDMI and VGA cable both running from the monitor to the PC at the same time, but this is how I've always had it with no problem. Should I disconnect the VGA on both sides for 10 minutes as well?
Yes, I advise unplugging everything from your monitors entirely just hoping that it can reset itself, best of luck!

Apr 9, 2018
Yes, I advise unplugging everything from your monitors entirely just hoping that it can reset itself, best of luck!
Thanks, will do. Silly question but, does it matter how long I leave it unplugged? If I leave it for several hours should it still get the same result as if I plugged it all back in 10 minutes later? Thanks again.

Feb 28, 2019
Thanks, will do. Silly question but, does it matter how long I leave it unplugged? If I leave it for several hours should it still get the same result as if I plugged it all back in 10 minutes later? Thanks again.
Honestly don’t think it will make a difference, when I fixed mine I had it unplugged for 10 minutes even though the guy I read it from off a forum only said 5

Apr 9, 2018
Honestly don’t think it will make a difference, when I fixed mine I had it unplugged for 10 minutes even though the guy I read it from off a forum only said 5
Well I tried unplugging everything, waiting, plugging it back back in and powering it all up. Unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. CyberPowerPC support emailed me suggesting that I follow a guide to reseat my graphics card, but I never removed it in the first place so... does that sound like it would do anything?

The only other thing I can think to do is reseat my RAM again, maybe this time trying the 1st slot instead if the 2nd, which is where I've always had it. Should I be concerned about moving the RAM closer to the heatsink? I'm not sure if that would cause any temp/airflow issues.

Apr 9, 2018
strangest thing i've ever heard... sometimes "complex" problems require uncanny or "dumb" solutions these days...
I tried unplugging everything, waiting, and then plugging it back back in and powering it all up. Unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. CyberPowerPC support emailed me suggesting that I follow a guide to reseat my graphics card, but I never removed it in the first place so... does that sound like it would do anything?

Feb 28, 2019

Definitely reseat your graphics card, if still no luck do try moving your ram to the first slot and no it won’t have any issues being closer to the heatsink.

Solution
Apr 9, 2018
Definitely reseat your graphics card, if still no luck do try moving your ram to the first slot and no it won’t have any issues being closer to the heatsink.
I got it! Turns out the RAM wasn't reseated all the way. I had it pushed down all the way on one side but not the other. I was under the impression I did it right because only one of my 'clips' that holds the RAM in place actually flips up and the other doesn't. All the videos I watched on reseating RAM had both clips on the RAM slot flip up. This led to me believe that I was only listening for one 'click' when pushing it in rather than two. I tried reseating it again and this time noticed it wasn't completely even, gave it a tad more pressure on the side with the no-flip-clip (I'm using that term every chance I get from now on) and it clicked right into place! Put everything back the way it was, booted up my PC and its working as expected!

If you'd edit that I just needed to push down on my RAM all the way on both sides until I heard both sides click into your comment I'll best answer it.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!

Feb 14, 2019
I got it! Turns out the RAM wasn't reseated all the way. I had it pushed down all the way on one side but not the other. I was under the impression I did it right because only one of my 'clips' that holds the RAM in place actually flips up and the other doesn't. All the videos I watched on reseating RAM had both clips on the RAM slot flip up. This led to me believe that I was only listening for one 'click' when pushing it in rather than two. I tried reseating it again and this time noticed it wasn't completely even, gave it a tad more pressure on the side with the no-flip-clip (I'm using that term every chance I get from now on) and it clicked right into place! Put everything back the way it was, booted up my PC and its working as expected!

If you'd edit that I just needed to push down on my RAM all the way on both sides until I heard both sides click into your comment I'll best answer it.

Congrats! enjoy the PC :)

Feb 28, 2019

I’m glad you worked it out in the end my dude enjoy!